I am flying out of Miami International tomorrow and it looks like they accept ticketless boarding. I've done it a few times with my Bold 9700 and it didn't work that well. I'm thinking that it should work great on the PlayBook and was wondering if anyone has done it yet? Haven't read any threads about it.
    08-17-11 12:44 PM
    You should be able to open the email you get on the PB via bridge, but I'm not sure it would work much better. Surprised that you have had issues with using the 9700 for the ticketless boarding. I've always gotten a link sent to my email that when opened is a QR code to be scanned. Actually over the past 3 years or so they've had it available here, I've used it every time and have just recently started leaving the paper boarding pass behind as it works so well for me.

PB seems like it would be a larger item to deal with as you go into the security line, but there's no reason it couldn't display the same QR code.
    08-17-11 12:56 PM
    I love using the playbook for ticketless travel. Its one of my favorite features. what i do is when i go to check in online from home or office i go to my airline's site via the pb browser and check in through to the preview of my boarding passes. This is the coolest part, rather than have the boarding passes sent to my phone or email (or in addition to that) i minimize the top address bar of the browser so the boarding pass is the only thing showing (you can use pinch to zoom to get the optimal size) and then i take a screenshot of the browser screen. You can repeat this step for each flight in your itinerary. now when you get to the airport, rather than having to access the airport wireless or navigate through bridge email etc... to get to your e-ticket, you can just open your pb pictures app to the camera folder and there are your boarding passes in almost the exact size and shape as they would be had you printed them. if the scanner has trouble reading the barcode or qr code you can just zoom in or center on the image where it best aligns to the scanner laser.

one caveat is there are airports that are not equipped with the scanners at security and they will send you back to the check in counter to print but this usually only happens at the smaller regional airports.

good luck and happy flying!
    jonasbeaver likes this.
    08-17-11 05:17 PM
    if anyone is having issues with the scanner not reading the barcode or QR code on any electronic device screen it's because the screens has to be on full brightness.
    RVVillesis and MikeFromCanada like this.
    08-17-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD