I just ordered a 16GB Playbook from Blackberry Store and the Clear-Coat Full Body Protection from Clear-Coat.com. Looks like I have to play the waiting game...Anyways, has anyone had experience with the Clear-Coat product? I'm just concerned about the Playbook getting scratched; that's why I want an invisible layer of protection instead of an actual case. I personally don't like the extra weight and bulk of a case. If anyone has tried this product then please provide more info or pictures if possible. I will keep everyone updated on my first-hand experiences as soon as both the Playbook and Clear-Coat Skin arrives...
    11-28-11 12:14 AM
    I have the clear-coat on my IPad, and I love it. While shopping at the mall, I dropped off my iPad and it was done on 20mins. It's a good investment. A little pricey compared to the other stuff that's out there, but it works well. You won't even realize its on
    11-28-11 12:42 AM
    Finally got my Playbook today! Just finished applying the Clear-Coat on the entire Playbook. Still need to let it dry and fully cure for a good 4 hours. I took a few quick pics. Please note that I still have to clean and polish it once it is fully dried. Plus my camera is not that great. It took me about an hour to apply it because I was being super careful, trying not to get water inside the Playbook while keeping the holes aligned. It was not too difficult to apply...just takes time and patience. The shield actually covers up some fine scratches that was on the back side of the Playbook which was brand spanking new, right out of the box. I think it does a nice job protecting the Playbook from scratches and finger marks. Overall I feel it provides me with enough protection without the extra bulk and weight of a full case. I plan to always have it in my pocket or bag so I'm not worried about dropping it as much. I'll keep everyone updated once I turn it on and start using it everyday. I'll also try to take more pictures. As of now, I really like the clean look and feel of the Clear-Coat Full Body Protection. Time to have fun with my new Playbook. I hope to share all my experiences on Crackberry
    12-09-11 09:58 PM
    Great! how much it cost you (if you don't mind)?
    12-10-11 02:08 AM
    Great! how much it cost you (if you don't mind)?
    Online price for Full Body Protection is $34.99. But I paid half price during the Black Friday Sale. I'm really liking the look and feel. It gives me a better grip and peace of mind. It also comes with a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. You just have to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling. I can still slip my Playbook into any case with the Clear-Coat still on. It fits my needs just fine.
    12-10-11 12:43 PM
    I'm curious, with this clear "body armor" what kind of protection do you get when you drop it on the deck?
    12-10-11 01:10 PM
    I'm curious, with this clear "body armor" what kind of protection do you get when you drop it on the deck?
    To be honest, I don't think this product is meant to be used as a full body armor that protects it from extreme shock and being dropped from any height. I feel it merely acts as a thin shield that protects the Playbook from extreme scratches and minor liquid exposure. I have no doubt that the Playbook will probably crack or shatter if dropped from a considerable height even with the Clear-Coat applied. I only chose this product because I really want to see the true beauty of the Playbook and be able to hold it in my hands without something bulky in between. I want people to know that I'm using a Blackberry Playbook instead of a functional "Case". It's hard to feel like you're using the device when all you can see and feel is the case instead of the actual mechanical marvel itself. I know that it's not practical when you spend $500 dollars on something and not try to protect it by all means necessary. However, I only spent $200 and also feel that I should enjoy it to the fullest in terms of both Form & Function. I just mainly want to protect my Playbook from being scratched by my keys or jacket buttons/zippers when I have it in my pocket or bag. Plus my toddler likes to place his sticky fingers and jagged objects on my Playbook whenever I let him play with it. So to answer your question: "It will break if you drop it on the deck!" Haha Here's a picture of the Clear-Coat protecting a Blackberry phone from major scratches...
    12-10-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD