I tried adding some username and passwords but after the first entry I had a hard time tapping various entry fields, so I stopped after one successful entry. It seems like something is wrong with the program.
    10-30-12 05:42 PM
    You might ask in the app subforum or see if there are any threads about the app in there.
    10-30-12 06:52 PM
    If you don't get any satisfaction from the app's support link then take a look at this. Probably the best.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-xlabz-672332/
    Scotter75 likes this.
    10-31-12 08:04 AM
    I have had no trouble with it so far.
    10-31-12 08:16 AM
    I tried adding some username and passwords but after the first entry I had a hard time tapping various entry fields, so I stopped after one successful entry. It seems like something is wrong with the program.
    I have that app installed on a couple of Playbooks and haven't had that problem. Have 40+ entries on both PBs.

Couple of things I don't like about the program is (1) that it provides no info (and perhaps no way) to back up to a local device, as opposed to offsite servers, such as Dropbox; and (2) the program doesn't allow me to store an onsite profile on one PB that I can sync to another, AFAIK.
    10-31-12 09:10 AM
    I use one called "The Vault" Not sure if its the same, but I can recommend it.
    10-31-12 01:21 PM
    I use Vault - Password Manager for Playbook by XLabz. It is excellent, very good features and top notch secure, far better than any of your Banks and other Financial Institutions use. There are some improvements that can be made as to other types of data I would like to enter, but I am very happy with this App.
    Boight likes this.
    10-31-12 02:27 PM
    I am new to the Playbook. I find that entering username/password data is more difficult than on a PC. Boxes are small, need to be expanded, then keyboard blocks entry some of time and easy to make mistakes on keyboard. So what to do.

I have LastPass vault on my Laptop. It is free and very good. They have an android ported version for Playbook. Reports are not that good and it costs $12.00 pa to use. One reason to use this, would be if it is able to use the data from my laptop. It seems there may be a way to share the data.

My questions:
    - Can any of the other PB password managers use data from Lastpass (It can export in various formats incl .csv)
    - Do the other managers auto-fill log-in boxes once data has been entered in manager?
    - The PB browser does seem to remember some log in data, but not all. I guess only if site has an option to remember data?
    - Read reviews on some of PB apps, but they are not conclusive as to which one is best. Interested in any opinions.

LastPass for PB would seem obvious choice. But spending $1.00/month for ever when constantly used PC version is free and Playbook is only used occasionally for web access, is hard for me to accept Especially for a non native PB application, that doesn't seem 100% functional.
    11-03-12 11:52 AM
    Take a look at KeePass for your PC. It's quite versatile. It's files can be used by The Vault mentioned a couple times above.
    11-04-12 07:01 AM
    I use Keepass on my PCs and BB phone and KPD on the Playbook, which uses the Keepass database.
    Boight likes this.
    11-04-12 10:02 AM
    On LastPass that I use on laptop, it autofills the log-in info when you access a site that requires log-in. If the site is not on your list, then it asks and will add the new log-in data after you enter it.

With Vault (and Keepass), is the log-on data auto-filled by the app or is it just a way of storing the username/passwords?
    11-05-12 11:34 AM
    works good for me
    11-05-12 12:20 PM
    I use Keepass on my PCs and BB phone and KPD on the Playbook, which uses the Keepass database.
    KPD and PasswdSafe, to my knowledge, are the only two open source encryption softwares available for storing passwords on tbe PB. They also are the only ones multiplatform. They have their flaws -among others, they are just android ports, and if you edit one of their files, e.g. to add a pass straight on the PB, the file cannot anymore be copied from the PB (unless someone here explains me how [this no more true, see edit below]).
    But being serious password protection, you should trust nothing else than open source (or else, you can as well consider sending me all your data: I hereby promiss to store everything safely and never watch).
    So, my recom is definitely one of these two.

[edit] after the last OS update, this November 2012 I see the files locally modified by PasswdSafe are "back to normal", i. e. I can see them when connected from the PC, copy them elsewhere with File Browser, etc.
    I imagine that'd be due to the sys update, which possibly means also KPD files will be handled OK now, but this remains to be checked.
    Last edited by Herve5; 11-08-12 at 08:24 AM. Reason: improvement for PasswdSafe
    11-05-12 01:42 PM
    What I am really trying to find out, is HOW these PB apps work.

Do they fill in the Username/PW data or do you have to cut and paste it from their program?
    11-05-12 08:06 PM
    What I am really trying to find out, is HOW these PB apps work.

Do they fill in the Username/PW data or do you have to cut and paste it from their program?
    As concerns KPD and PasswdSafe, on most other platforms they indeed will propose both (i. e., either place your password in the clipboard, or autofill the form in your browser). This latter behavior, I think, is not possible on a Playbook, because RIM's security policy means no application can ever talk to a neighbor one. So, a 'password' application would never be able to 'autofill' your browser app.
    StanWiz and Kwela123 like this.
    11-06-12 02:57 AM
    KPD and PasswdSafe, to my knowledge, are the only two open source encryption softwares available for storing passwords on tbe PB. They also are the only ones multiplatform. They have their flaws -among others, they are just android ports, and if you edit one of their files, e.g. to add a pass straight on the PB, the file cannot anymore be copied from the PB (unless someone here explains me how).
    I use KeePass 2.x files. With KPD 2.x files are read only. I forgot about that.
    11-06-12 04:50 AM