I ordered a 64Gb Playbook on-line from Office Depot over a week ago. It is backordered and no one can provide any information on when they will be getting more in stock or even if they have ordered more. If anyone is getting a straight answer, I would appreciate hearing what you have found out.
    Thanks
    11-30-12 12:23 PM
    I ordered a 64GB on Nov. 13 and have been checking status ever now and then online. Two days ago I did a "live chat" thing throught the Office Depot web site to see what was up, and the agent told me that he could see on his side that mine would be shipping on Monday. I asked him to double-check, because there was nothing showing up when I put in my order number. He double checked and was confident that it's shipping on Monday. We'll see. I'll follow-up here with the result. Still no change on the Office Depot site when I check order status - still showing as backordered. I have no idea where they're finding more of these and how frequently they come up with another one to ship, but I wish you luck!
    11-30-12 12:49 PM
    APPEARS OFFICE DEPOT (USA) online site is TOTALLY SOLD OUT.
    Searching with the term PlayBook brings up only the accessories.

Anyone else ordered a 64gb PB online @ OD and still waiting on backorder? I live chatted with a OD rep last week and he told me that they would be re-stocked Monday but tracking stays the same = waiting backordered...am I the only one shafted by OD?
    I seriously doubt they will fulfill ALL the orders placed. Website has been sold out for the past 2+ weeks on the 64GB model online. Best scenario they might be sourcing some sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Availability went from indicating the 64GB version was not available online, but may be found in stores to showing item not "available" for purchase at this time, saying it was "SOLD-OUT".

Office Depot USA site showed:
    "Item 727467, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet 64GB Black, is not available for purchase at this time.
    Shop below for similar products."
    Past day or so and as of 2012-11-29= 64GB and the other one (Think it was the 16GB) had a greyed out pic with a red SOLD-OUT banner across it.

Now it and the other listing are TOTALLY GONE.

Disclaimer: YMMV depending on zip code.
    For details on how you "might" find one, and have it transferred to a local store check below thread.
    (The below posts are not exactly spot on to your situation but I'm thinking "managers "may" have a "internal" way to check inventory not displayed on website)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7739848

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 12-05-12 at 06:31 PM.
    11-30-12 12:54 PM
    Well they must of had some success, because they are bugging me to report on my purchase....
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-30-12 07:55 PM
    I ordered a 64GB on Nov. 13 and have been checking status ever now and then online. Two days ago I did a "live chat" thing throught the Office Depot web site to see what was up, and the agent told me that he could see on his side that mine would be shipping on Monday. I asked him to double-check, because there was nothing showing up when I put in my order number. He double checked and was confident that it's shipping on Monday. We'll see. I'll follow-up here with the result. Still no change on the Office Depot site when I check order status - still showing as backordered. I have no idea where they're finding more of these and how frequently they come up with another one to ship, but I wish you luck!
    Just checked my order as well and it says the same thing. Backordered/Pending with Expected delivery 12-3-12. Little confusing, but still holding out hope that I might have snagged one yet.
    11-30-12 09:02 PM
    I gave up and canceled. I paid about $30 more and will pick at Wallmart 12-4.. Still a great price & they also have 64G.
    12-01-12 12:51 AM
    Same deal for me, live chatted last week and was told OD would be re-stocked Monday. Ordered Monday, and as of today it's still backordered. Called the 1-800 number and the rep assured me that it would ship next week...we'll see what happens...
    12-01-12 01:31 AM
    I gave up and canceled. I paid about $30 more and will pick at Wallmart 12-4.. Still a great price & they also have 64G.
    Walmart is $219 for the 64Gb, so it is worth waiting this one out.
    12-01-12 12:01 PM
    office depot has NO MORE PLAYBOOKS,,, i got the LAST 1,,, the only way to get 1 @ that price WAS to search nationwide, find a store that has 1 & have it shipped to a store near you,,, i got mine yesterday,,, YOU WILL NOT GET A PLAYBOOK THROUGH BACKORDER...
    12-01-12 08:23 PM
    office depot has NO MORE PLAYBOOKS,,, i got the LAST 1,,, the only way to get 1 @ that price WAS to search nationwide, find a store that has 1 & have it shipped to a store near you,,, i got mine yesterday,,, YOU WILL NOT GET A PLAYBOOK THROUGH BACKORDER...
    Didn't know the head of logistics for Office Depot was on this thread...
    12-01-12 08:37 PM
    I gave up one the backorder too. I gave bestbuy a call and had them price match OD while it was still on the website. I got really lucky
    12-01-12 08:51 PM
    Didn't know the head of logistics for Office Depot was on this thread...
    i didn't know you've failed to do your homework...
    12-01-12 09:29 PM
    While chatting online 15 mins ago with an OD c/s rep told me they are re-stocking them within the next 7-10 days.
    I'm in no hurry so I'll give them 10 days then cxl it if not delivered by then.
    12-03-12 10:37 AM
    For the know it all on the board, just got a call from Office Depot saying my unit is being shipped from southern California and it will be in my hands before the end of the week...
    12-03-12 02:34 PM
    I received the same reply in "Live Chat". Here is the transcript:

You have been connected to John.
    John: Hi. Good Afternoon. Welcome to Office Depot
    John: I would be happy to check this one for you.
    Me: thanks
    John: One moment please. I'll be right here with you.
    Me: ok
    Me: sure
    John: Thank you for patiently waiting. I'm seeing here that the status of your order is "Backorder". By the time order was placed, our team in the warehouse discovered that we ran out of stock for this one, but as soon as we get this item back, you will be contacted evening prior of the delivery date.
    Me: do you now when there will be more in stock?
    John: Unfortunately, we still don't have the precise restocking date but it should be received at our distribution center. It usually takes within 7-14 business days.
    Me: i'm just hoping this won't be cancelled, or anything
    [B]John[B]: it won't be cancelled.
    John: You will be contacted immediately once we receive this item back in the warehouse.
    John: You will receive also an E-mail notification.
    Me: one last thing, sorry to bug...
    Me: is that 7-14 business days from the date i ordered?
    Me: or can you see if there is a date when the distribution center ordered more?
    Me: sorry
    Me: really anxious for one of these!
    [B]John/B]: Not a problem. I understand.
    [B]John/B]: Yes, it is within 7-14 business days from the date of when the order is placed.
    Me: nice.
    Me: thanks so much for your help!
    John: You are most welcome. It was my pleasure to have assisted you today.
    John: Have a good one and take care.
    John: Once this chat session has completed, you will have an option to take a survey to rate my service.
    Chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thank you for choosing Office Depot.

12-03-12 05:53 PM
    That looks pretty close to my conversation with online chat. He assured me that
    the order would be filled. Glad to see someone here received theirs. Gives me some hope.
    12-03-12 06:40 PM
    I just finished chatting with OD to check on my 64GB order from November 20th and got this update:

Ben: Thank you for your patience, that item is back ordered and we are getting the stock only by this thursday and after that I can give you the exact details on the order delivery date and time
    12-03-12 08:42 PM
    Just checked my order as well and it says the same thing. Backordered/Pending with Expected delivery 12-3-12. Little confusing, but still holding out hope that I might have snagged one yet.
    12-3-12 has come and go. Did it arrive? Did they give you a tracking number? Did they charge your charge card?

12-03-12 10:21 PM
    Mine arrived today!
    twidget2iwo likes this.
    12-05-12 05:16 PM
    Mine arrived today!
    Congrats, hopefully I won't be far behind! We've already got three in the house, but this one will round out the quartet.
    12-05-12 05:52 PM
    Still waiting......
    12-05-12 07:14 PM
    I know this is bordering on rubbing it in but wanted to post a pic of the new arrival.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone know what's up with Office Depot shipments?-img00219-20121205-1420.jpg  
    12-05-12 08:09 PM
    Still waiting on mine, which was ordered 11/13. Had another chat and then a "service request" email from dispatch, which is below:
    "This is to inform you that your service req has been recv and has been process...... this item is still out of stock.... however we are waiting for the mfg to del to office depot warehouse.....at this time they will not give us a del date for this product......office depot do have a 7 to 14 day wait on any out of stock product....still waiting for mfg to del.....We do apologize for your inconvenience......Thank You"
    12-06-12 12:54 PM
    Ordered mine on the 11th, early morning. Still waiting.................
    12-06-12 05:14 PM
    Mine arrived today!
    Hmmm. You placed your order after I did and I still have heard nothing as far as when it might be shipped. I placed my order on November 12th and here I still sit with no new PB.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-10-12 01:11 PM
47 12