Well, it happened. Don't know who, how, or where, but my PlayBook's scratched and its a deep one. Considering I've been babying the thing since I got it, I'm doubting the whole "gorilla glass" claim.
    Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has a good repair product or service, seeing as I'm a week off the return date.
    Really livid about this, I almost feel scammed out of $600.
    05-09-11 05:54 PM
    You could probably send it in to RIM and they'd do it for free as most electronics usually have a 30/90/Year warranty from the manufacture, however you may be awhile without your PB if you send it in
    05-09-11 06:02 PM
    I guess this is the reason why I put on a screen protector even though quire a few people think yuo don't need one with the PB.

If you don't mind opening it up yourself (it'll void the warranty), you can always repair it yourself with the digitizer screen from truesupplier.

OEM Blackberry PlayBook Touch Screen Digitizer Pad Black :: Blackberry PlayBook :: Blackberry :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.
    05-09-11 06:08 PM
    Well, it happened. Don't know who, how, or where, but my PlayBook's scratched and its a deep one. Considering I've been babying the thing since I got it, I'm doubting the whole "gorilla glass" claim.
    Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has a good repair product or service, seeing as I'm a week off the return date.
    Really livid about this, I almost feel scammed out of $600.
    Why not purchase the 130$ Blackberry accidental damage coverage, and have them fix it for free?
    05-09-11 07:01 PM
    How long does that last for and where do you sign up for it?
    05-09-11 07:07 PM
    2 years. There was a post about it on here. Otherwise register your PlayBook and there should be a link in the email. Or BlackBerry PlayBook
    05-09-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD