I just got an email from my dad to say he'd installed "music download" apply on his PlayBook but he can't find the songs he downloaded. I. Downloaded this to try and give him advice. On BBW it just says "download all music format to your search card" so it's obviously just a straight android conversion and they haven't bothered to update the blurb.

So I downloaded an mp3 and it played ok. Then I went looking for the file using air browser but I couldn't find it anywhere on the pb. I'm guessing that it must have gone to the "protected media" folder which is odd as the app has a share function that supposedly let's you share files by email.

So does anyone else here use, or have any knowledge of, "Music Download by Liu Xuan" and where it stores its downloads to?
    02-22-13 12:45 PM
    Hi, these files should be in: playook/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/music_download

You may need a better file browser, like Files&Folders, but that's your path.
    02-22-13 02:21 PM
    Update: Air Browser will find it. Start with misc at the bottom of the first screen in Air Browser.
    02-22-13 02:25 PM
    Yeah thats where the songs should download to but they're not going there, or anywhere else I've looked.
    02-22-13 08:30 PM
    Sometimes you have to reboot for the songs to show up in the file system. You can absolutely access cut/copy and paste them to the music folder but like I said I have had a couple times were I had to reboot before they showed up.

You probably know this but you can also find them to play within the app by swiping from the top down and pressing the "downloaded music" button.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    02-22-13 08:37 PM
    Ok , when you download the file it is sent to the sd/card storage( this is an android program and that is where it sends it. ) . To find it with Air browser go to misc , then tap android, then tap music_download and bingo you will see the file. Now what i do is move it from this folder to my regular music folder. To do this you click on top clipboard 3rd file from left and copy or cut the file to clipboard, then tap on the music folder and then the media sync folder , paste the file here using the clipboard again.. This is the folder where all your music is located from your icon Music. That way all your downloads are in one easy to find folder. I also use two other programs Ghost Commander and Files & Folders which both can move the files from one to another.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-13 01:03 AM
    Thanks guys for the replies. I rebooted and checked again - still no mp3s. Here are a couple of screenshots

Anyone here using music download by liu xuan?-img_00000112.jpg

Anyone here using music download by liu xuan?-img_00000113.jpg

Anyone here using music download by liu xuan?-img_00000114.jpg
    02-23-13 12:40 PM
    Open the native file manager of the playbook and go to the music tab, do you see your downloaded songs there? if not just try to download the songs again and check again.
    02-23-13 01:11 PM
    One problem is that your last screenshot shows that your search index in Air Browser hasn't been updated since 12/29/12. Assuming you downloaded these tunes since then, they won't show up in any Air search. Try updating your search index in settings and rerun your search.
    02-23-13 01:44 PM