Hi there I'm new here but been a blackberry user for many years. I recently updated my OS to 2.1.0.1917 and it appears to have made my playbook worse.
    Firstly everytime I open the messages app it keeps telling me my password / account is wrong, yet I'm still receiving emails.
    Secondly the browser is even worse than before - slower to load pages (blue loading bar at the top seems to freeze at about 90% for quite a long time) was fine on the previous OS. Also it crashes a lot more.
    Also flash videos - predominately YouTube (for videos I can't access on the app) constantly keep pausing and starting or just stop after a few seconds even though it fills up the grey bar fully!
    Oh, one more whenever I close the browser or messages apps - they stay faded for ages, and it freezes stopping me from doing any thing else.
    My PB is 64GB version, and still have about 40gb of free space left. I mainly use it for reading uni books (cheaper to download books for free than pay �100s for them) and watching stuff online.
    These are just the problems I've encountered so far - there may even be more, but anyone else encountered this?
    04-23-14 09:03 AM
    Do a BDS back up and a manual back up, security wipe your device do all updates and restore your data.

Apps on the PB that no longer in the store are best manually stored on the computer.
    04-23-14 10:59 AM
    Ugh, I double-posted somehow.
    04-23-14 01:29 PM
    YES. Ever since the update, my Playbook constantly has trouble reading my SIM card. Several times a day, I am constantly having to remove and reinsert my SIM AND reboot the Playbook. It is so frustrating and annoying. I've only had both the Playbook and SIM card for a month and I already want to throw it across the room due to the SIM card reading problem. I bought my 4G LTE Playbook brand new and the SIM card is brand new as well. I plan on having AT&T give me a new SIM, but I foresee the problem will continue to persist.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:30 PM
    Sounds bad. I'd just save my files and debrick it without restoring any settings or anything.
    04-23-14 01:46 PM
    Nope... No problem at all.
    Do a fresh install as already posted.
    04-23-14 02:01 PM

Yes, with videos in You Tube, in any applicable!
    My Mail app, keeps having me sign in and the app slowed up a lot! The screen goes black for a second!

Anyway, what can we do with the f ---cking up of my great little Playbook??
    I love my Playbook, I want it back!

Vale on my Blackberry Playbook
    04-23-14 08:31 PM

Yes, with videos in You Tube, in any applicable!
    My Mail app, keeps having me sign in and the app slowed up a lot! The screen goes black for a second!

Anyway, what can we do with the f ---cking up of my great little Playbook??
    I love my Playbook, I want it back!

Vale on my Blackberry Playbook
    Back it up and reinstall the OS.
    04-24-14 06:56 AM