Hi All, I've had performance issues / freezing since 2.0. Often, it required a hard reboot. Anybody else? Only thing perhaps unique is a high number of contacts (status messages don't seem to sync either). Just checking. .
    02-29-12 02:26 PM
    No problems here.
    If you recently updated to OS2, it might take a bit of time for all your accounts, contacts, emails, etc to sync with your device if you have a lot of data making its way to the PlayBook.
    If it's been a while, try rebooting.
    02-29-12 02:30 PM
    I did a security wipe and downgrade of to OS 1.8 before the final OS 2... Did the upgrade and it works flawlessly for me...

My other 2 playbooks are a different story however.... Both had OS2 Beta and when I upgraded I had nothing but problems with performance... I secuiry wiped them and then re-installed the OS through desktop manager... One is working great...

The other unforunatley got worse... It will no longer launch apps that need the internet... they just close when you launch them so I am thinking a hardware issue....

I would recommend doing a cold restart...

on the more drastic side you could do a security wipe and re-install... One note of caution... make sure you back up your data..... or you will lose it!!!
    02-29-12 02:41 PM
    I haven't but we all have different apps, email accounts, etc. on our pbs. A large number of contacts to sync might slow things down a bit.
    02-29-12 02:43 PM
    No problems here, did update with OTA from official OS1.0 to 2.0 with no security wipe and my PlayBook is working flawlessly. Had my PlayBook since May and she's been running like a well oiled machine since day one with everything official
    02-29-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks! It was working fine for the first week. I'll keep playing with it.
    02-29-12 06:54 PM
    Do a security wipe! Make sure you back up using blackberry desktop manager! It was easy just make sure you do a full backup
    02-29-12 06:56 PM
    Same here more performance or battery issues.
    02-29-12 07:01 PM
    Some flash cannot play anymore, play the first few minutes and then start over.
    Had to reset daily due to the android player freezing. I was able to keep my pb 1.0.8 running for 3 month without reboot. A lot expected for the android player improvement.
    02-29-12 07:02 PM
    No problems here. Did OTA from 1 to 2 with no security wipe. If anything it works better now. A little faster and more responsive. Screen almost never lags or freezes now. Happy here.
    02-29-12 09:01 PM
    I haven't had any freezing issues, but I've had a few out-of-memory issues. I have a 64GB playbook, and it is jam-packed, I use it as a mobile filing cabinet for all of my work documents, and keep a few thousand photos, and a few videos on it as well... When I first updated to POS2, I wasn't able to do a security wipe. Desktop Manager refused to do a back-up file from my Playbook on POS1,.which I read in the forums was a fairly common issue. So even before the update things were getting a little creaky... Scrolling in the photo app was jumpy, and the file manager I have would often take up to 5 seconds to register a finger tap.

But when I updated to POS2 things really started to go nuts. The lagginess got worse, but I also started getting weird crashes where Docs to Go would quit recognizing files.... And good luck having any other apps open if mail, contacts or calendar were running.

So since POS2 finally fixed the backup issues with Desktop Manager, I did a full security wipe and reloaded the OS. Oddly, The only things that did not backup for me were the mail, calendar and contacts app. And since I'd just finished manually entering all of the contacts from my work locked-down 9900, I was a little peeved. Please be aware of this issue if you're thinking of a security wipe on your Playbook. I have an e-mail into RIM to see whether it's a problem on their part, or whether I just did something wrong, but no answer yet.

Anyway, back to the main point... The security wipe fixed the jumpiness issues and the issues with Docs to Go not recognizing files. However, I still can't seem to have more than two or three things running if I have the messages or contacts app open - and it doesn't seem to matter whether I have the multi-tasking set to pause the apps in the background... I'd be very interested in hearing if other people are having this issue.

The other persistent issue that I still have is a huge lag time in accessing RIM's native file manager for photos. But I'm assuming that's just because it was never designed to display thumbnails for 10GB with of pictures...

Sorry for the long post... Couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by kcmagnet; 02-29-12 at 09:51 PM.
    02-29-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD