So frustrating...

Every 3rd/4th time or so that I open the app, it makes me log in again. Often it asks me to delete the book I'm reading (I have to cancel that request, go back and open the book again).

Today it started acting up...looks like it froze partway while "scrolling" the page onto the screen. At first, if I swiped it came back but eventually that didn't work. I had to restart the PB. So far, it's fine but who knows what is next....
    07-28-12 07:27 PM
    Yes, it wants me to register everytime I open it.
    07-28-12 10:00 PM
    Yeah, that use to happen to me until I learned that I had multiple devices hooked up to my Kindle account and Amazon's DRM (Digital Rights Management) was making me keep registering and re-downloading my books.

You can go here to manage your Kindle account using your pc (or playbook) browser:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fio...bUvbUpU7538773

Once you login .. click on Manage your devices and you'll see all the devices you have registered. I had about 10 Android devices registered even though these 10 devices were the 2 playbooks that I own (everytime it made me re-register it created another Android "device") and I even had one registered on my pc through a pc app that I ran years ago.

For the DRM for the Kindle app.. by default you can only read one ebook per device. That's why you have to re-download the ebook and register each time.

For me, to stop this from happening .. I deleted all the accounts and only registered the (playbook) devices I want to use on that account and I turned on the Whispersync Device Synchronization which allows for multiple devices that use the same account. All this can be done in the "Manage your Device" section on the left hand side of the webpage.

Now, I fully registered in both my playbooks all the time and never have to see that "corrupted" dialog box again and re-download my purchased ebooks over and over again.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having but it sounds fairly close to the issues I was having with my sideloaded Kindle App.
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 07-29-12 at 12:57 AM.
    bmwbarrister likes this.
    07-29-12 12:52 AM
    I have been using it for months with no problem. I agree with lynxs_claw that you can have DRM issues. Most Kindle books allow you to install on at least 3 devices but others may limit you to 1. You can check the book's detail page for restrictions. I have most books installed on all my devices (PlayBook, phone, PC, Kindle) and use whisper sync and I haven't run into any issues.
    07-29-12 01:08 AM
    Exceptbfor the android applications freeze sometimes, the kindle is one thing that i use regularly without much problem. Butbit is nowhere near the kindle application on iPad 2
    07-29-12 01:14 AM
    What I was getting at, was that I haven't had any problems until about the last week.
    07-29-12 06:32 AM
    Mine is working fine here...
    07-29-12 07:41 AM
    My problem.... Is that there isn't one.

I dont sideload.
    07-29-12 08:19 AM
    My problem.... Is that there isn't one.

I dont sideload.
    I don't either. That's why I paid someone else to do it for me. No problems with the app itself although I have been experiencing OSwide slowdowns and freezes lately. Sometimes the Android MemoryEater app fixes it or else a restart or reset, as in the last and worst time.
    I did have some Kindle issues some time ago concerninv having too many devices registered but I was given a notice of that when checking on the Amazon site.
    07-29-12 05:18 PM
    I had Kindle hang once yesterday, but otherwise it has been working fine.
    07-29-12 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD