Hello,

I am not sure if it is just me or if it is a common issue, but ever since I upgraded the OS to OS2, I kept getting the error message:

Video Chat Service Error
    Unable to connect to the Video Chat Service

When I start Video Chat for the first time after boot up the Playbook. I then click OK and the app will be closed automatically, and after that, even if I close and restart the app, all I got is the greenish background and nothing else shows up.

I am just wondering about 2 things:

1. Is it just me or this is a problem with the OS?
    2. Is there any workaround for it?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Anyi
    12-28-11 06:23 PM
    it is a os2 issue, its disabled
    azhu likes this.
    12-28-11 06:27 PM
    Do you know when it is likely to be enabled again? I heard many good things about the Video Chat, unfortunately I upgraded my OS to OS2 the moment I got it (well, I opened Video Chat once before that)...
    12-28-11 06:33 PM
    Like 'Fubaz' already mentioned, native video chat was intemtionally disabled for the OS2 Developer Beta. There is no work around (none that I know of-and I have looked).

You have some alternatives though:
    aol.com/av - confirmed works well upto 4 person video chat no sign in necessary
    reelportal.com - confirmed works upto 4 person video chat no user creation necessary
    imo.im - have not tried

hope that helps.
    12-28-11 06:41 PM
    Do you know when it is likely to be enabled again? I heard many good things about the Video Chat, unfortunately I upgraded my OS to OS2 the moment I got it (well, I opened Video Chat once before that)...
    Unfortunately, it is not likely to be enabled until the official release of OS2 is out. RIM left it out on purpose. The only way to use it again is to downgrade back to a non Beta OS. This can be done by plugging in your PlayBook to desktop manager and allowing it to up/downgrade you.

Hope that helps.
    12-28-11 06:45 PM
    I have the same proble with video chat on my PB. I bought three but only one of them can work on video chat after upgrade of OS. The other two can receive the inivitation from that one and make video chat but they can't be opened by themselves. All three got upgraded recently. How come that works on one but not other two?
    03-11-12 10:22 AM
    This thread refers to the OS 2 beta only. Video Chat works well in the official OS 2.0 that came on Feb 21st.

As for why two of yours don't work I don't know. Does each PB have its own BBID?
    03-11-12 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD