Check out the Newbie sticky thread at the top of this forum. There is discussion of how to get the gps working or testing if it does work.

Quick summary - be out in an open area (no buildings) and wait for 15-20 minutes the first time for it to figure out where it is vis a vis satellites.
    11-25-11 07:01 PM
    I'm using GPS every day. I use VCMS, Magellan, poynt, and anything else that uses GPS. When it works properly I find it to be great, a valuable pb feature.

The issue I have with GPS is if I open (Ex.) Magellan then close it it won't work again. It will search and eventually stop......I have to re-start the pb to have GPS again. I leave the GPS app running in the background when I swipe to other open apps.

I contacted RIM about my GPS issue and they said they know and an update for GPS will be included in OS2

GPS does work...re-start your pb, open your GPS app, go outside (or while you're driving let it sit beside you) and wait for a little bit. I think the first time takes a little bit longer.
    11-25-11 07:17 PM
    Once you let it initialize the first time (about 15-20 min) it seems to work. Now when I turn poynt on it finds my location fine. It still thinks I own the house next door.
    yunvi likes this.
    11-25-11 07:34 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD