Just wondering how this carbon fiber armor works on the PlayBook.

Easy to install?
    How good is the protection?
    Does it interfere with using the screen at all?
    Any other recommendations for a thin protective shell?

Thanks!
    05-14-11 03:53 PM
    I bought the skinomi black carbon fiber from amazon and its good. but I was wondering about this if its good quality aswell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 04:05 PM
    You guys seriously have to get ghost armor. Best looking ( as you cant see it), best feeling (really feels like nothing is on the screen), best quality protection you can get.
    05-14-11 04:41 PM
    Are Ghost Armor and BodyGuardz Armor easy to remove completely if you decide you don't like them?

What do they actually protect against? How would they protect the screen at all against being dropped or hit and broken?

Are they thin enough that you can still seat the PB in the charging pod? (Can't do this with any of the cases.)
    12-24-11 04:47 PM
    i have it on my playbook, very easy to install and looks great plus it gives it great protection from scratches
    12-24-11 04:59 PM
    I have installed 3 of the c/f armor, one in each color on our family PBs. All you have to do really is line up the camera hole and BB logo holes and your golden. Pretty easy to install, make sure the back is completely free of oils for best results.
    12-24-11 06:05 PM
    I have Ghost Armor on my playbook and bodyguards on my BB9900.

I read a lot of recommendations on the Ghost armour here on Crackberry, but I have to say I am a little disappointed. Although I didn't apply it very well after many attempts (lots of bubbles) the screen protector from GA isn't the best. Granted it being very smooth when your wipe your fingers across the screen and there are no hindrances when you use the touch screen interface. However, the times when you dig your nails in to the screen a little, you will feel that your nails dug inside the GA screen protector. I didn't really like that and it stops me from the tracks of scrolling around when that happens. In this light, it makes me feel like the GA will be dented with lots of fingernail marks eventually. Otherwise, it's a spectacular product.
    The GA back side side protector is excellent (matte version) and provides a brilliant feel to it. You don't really feel like its there.

In regards to the BB9900 Screen protector from Bodyguards, the nail problem I described earlier is not there. Even if I place my nails on the screen and start scratching the screen protector, my nails still glide on them and do not dig in to the protector itself. There is no issue of hindering the touch sensitive UI either for my BB9900. However, it gets more finger smudges than the GA screen protector.
    For the black carbon fibre back for my phone, it's very clean and simple. There is no water or solution needed. You simply peel and stick. Done. Very simple application and I've had the protection for 4 months now and there are no signs of wear yet! It looks great and will provide a little texture that will feel a little slippery over time. Assuming it is the same for the playbook, it might make your playbook less grippy. You might want to consider that factor.

Hope that helps!
    12-25-11 12:23 AM
    i find it hard to justify spending $30 on a sticker...
    12-25-11 12:42 AM
    But they look so good naked.. I'll have to be careful.
    12-26-11 09:45 AM
    I HAD Ghost Armor on my PlayBook. It was installed a couple of days ago. My touch screen stopped working after it was installed. The Ghost Armor guy said it would just take some time to completely dry and bond properly and everything would go back to normal. After about 32 hours and a couple more trips back to the mall kiosk, I told them to just take it off as the touch screen performance was not improving. I am not talking about a slight decrease in sensitivity here. The screen was 95% non-responsive. The unit was basically totally disabled for 32 hours while I "waited" for the bonding to occur.

They removed the film and I expected everything to return to normal, but it did not. I am now hoping that RIM will warranty my brand new PlayBook cause it is toast.

Beware....
    01-27-12 10:26 PM
    I have Ghost Armor on my iPhone and PB it is incredible.

I originally got Invisishield for my iPhone and after 6 months it turned orange on the sides and began sliding off of the phone if i swiped hard enough. I put Ghost Armor on it 6 months ago and nothing is wrong with it at all.

Ghost Armor on the Playbook is the exact same experience, flawless. Also, if you can find a shop/stall in your area they will install it for you for like $10 or $15 bucks and there shouldnt be any problems. I did my iPhone and two Playbooks at the same stall and my Playbook had some bubbles in the corner after 24 hours... the guy said it could take up to 48 hours or even a bit longer to settle, but he re did it anyways (with a brand new film, not by resetting my old one).

Also, it is lifetime warranty if they install it for you (im not sure about anything else). If you have any problems in the first 30 days they will replace it for free after that you will just need to pay the install fee... but my brother went to replace his BB full skin one and they didnt charge him anything, so who knows.

Id say Ghost Armor all the way. Ive got it on 4 devices (2 for me and 2 for my bro) and not a single problem.
    01-27-12 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD