I just coined a new aphorism:

"Preachers gonna preach."

What's happened to "He that is without sin, cast the first stone" and "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

Oh, those self-righteous amongst us
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-07-12 at 05:10 AM.
    03-07-12 05:03 AM
    Wow. People get their panties all in a twist about this subject.

To the OP: Look, you know there is a chance the wrong PB is in the box. Other posters have told you that you can match the serial number from the PB to the receipt to make sure the right one is in the box. Forget for a moment that it is illegal. Checking the serial number is the right thing to do. You know that. If you don't do it be honest with yourself and know you are doing something wrong. If you are OK with that stop reading now and go to Walmart. If not, congratulations! you have morals. Now open the box and check.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    03-07-12 05:48 AM
    I don't see the problem here. OPen the box and stop wasting bandwidth. It's a no brainer. You are wasting bandwidth that could be used on more netflix, skype, and play book is dead threads.
    auditman and YourMobileGuru like this.
    03-07-12 07:19 AM
    I just coined a new aphorism:

"Preachers gonna preach."

What's happened to "He that is without sin, cast the first stone" and "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

Oh, those self-righteous amongst us
    Finally straight from the horses mouth.
    03-07-12 09:43 AM
    Some guys on here aren't helping AT ALL...
    03-07-12 10:00 AM
    I don't see the problem here. OPen the box and stop wasting bandwidth. It's a no brainer. You are wasting bandwidth that could be used on more netflix, skype, and play book is dead threads.
    lol... true

I used to work at Costco when I was a student and a couple times a week (at least!) we caught people trying to swap things like you intend to do... mostly game consoles they failed to mod and screw up (lol!) we didn't call the cops, security or whatever, but we made sure the "thief" looked real dumb if front of everyone at the customer service counter and the waiting line...

Do at you own risk, but asking on a public forum if this type of scam will work or not at XYZ retail store is just dumb!
    03-07-12 10:06 AM
    What exactly do you need help with? Open the box. If the numbers don't match then try the scam or not, it's your decision.
    auditman likes this.
    03-07-12 10:13 AM
    I was kidding before, but is this really that hard? There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. It sounds to me like you are trying to scam Walmart and it sounds to me like you are looking for a nod of approval from us. The obvious answer is obvious.
    03-07-12 10:17 AM
    Where IS the serial number on the PB anyway? If it's that small mass of that itsy bitsy teeny weeny gray text next to the rapid charge port on the bottom that you can't even read with a magnifying glass, I doubt that person at the Walmart return counter is going to look at it. Or be able to look at it. Just sayin'.
    03-07-12 10:54 AM
    Can't imagine even considering returning something to a store that I didn't actually purchase there. We all have our own choices to make. With higher priced items like a tablet I would imagine they would take the time to make sure they weren't getting scammed. What you do is obviously up to you, along with the consequences that may come with.
    auditman likes this.
    03-07-12 11:13 AM
    Okay a different question now, if I tell them I'm returning a faulty tablet, do they test it out?
    03-07-12 11:53 AM
    Why do I get the feeling that the OP's intentions are really not well intended? Why does he ask if Walmart will test his "faulty" tablet; is there a concern he's having if they (Walmart) indeed do "test" it?

IMHO, this thread has worn out its welcome, has exposed the ugly, unethical, and dishonest side of a few posters, all while having already provided a practicle solution to returning an item to Walmart, if indeed it came from there.

MOD's, please do what should have been done early on.
    auditman and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    03-07-12 12:08 PM
    Lets answer this question http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...almart-706991/, in this thread.

As others have suggested, check the Walmart website, and/or contact them by phone regrading their ploicies.
    03-16-12 08:00 PM
    The "faulty" one is covered under warranty and should be handled as such.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    03-16-12 08:05 PM
    I worked at Walmart for 5 years after I retired and they will not accept a return on an electronics item for the amount that the PB cost without a valid receipt.
    03-16-12 08:07 PM
    Yep, I'll return legitimate purchases made at Walmart by me, back to Walmart. I wouldn't think of scamming Walmart or any retailer for that matter.
    03-16-12 08:08 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD