My brother left me a Playbook to return while he went on a trip, the thing is, he already put it in the box, now he tells me his not sure if he put the right one, he own a few playbooks and 1 of them defective and 2 other he bought "as-in" condition on kijiji.

so he doesn't mind which one i will return, as long he will get one back, but im wondering, if i return a tablet to walmart which i didn't even bought it from, with a receipt of a different playbook and a box of a different playbook, will they take it? do they open the box? do they check serial numbers?

Thanks !!
    03-06-12 11:49 PM
    Yup they will open it and check that the serial number matches the one on the receipt thst will verify thats a walmart stock your returning.
    YourMobileGuru and RicThot like this.
    03-06-12 11:56 PM
    oh ye? but i heard a lot of people returning stuff to walmart that they didn't even buy it there lol, and they will give u a gift card of the amount rather then a refund .
    03-06-12 11:58 PM
    Actually, based on my experience, most of the time they don't check if the serial numbers match. If you go there late at night, the tech people will be gone.

I am not saying it's a nice thing to do (i.e. return the wrong product). In fact, this may be illegal in your state if you knowingly do that. But proving you knew is pretty impossible.
    03-07-12 12:00 AM
    It will take you 2 minutes to open the box and verify you have the correct one. I wouldn't try returning the wrong one... what a waste of your time and theirs if they check it and it's wrong.
    03-07-12 12:05 AM
    I was just wondering, I rememeber my dad returning broken bluetooth to walmart and they accepted it, so idk if they will check the serial numbers on this :/ that's why I asked if anyone has any experience on how to return tablets/electroncs to walmrt
    03-07-12 12:15 AM
    Actually, based on my experience, most of the time they don't check if the serial numbers match. If you go there late at night, the tech people will be gone.

I am not saying it's a nice thing to do (i.e. return the wrong product). In fact, this may be illegal in your state if you knowingly do that. But proving you knew is pretty impossible.
    What are you a kid? Go late @ nite? Your not saying its a nice thing but you suggested it anyway?
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-07-12 12:33 AM
    oh ye? but i heard a lot of people returning stuff to walmart that they didn't even buy it there lol, and they will give u a gift card of the amount rather then a refund .
    What do u want? Our blessings for you to go ahead and scam walmart?
    RicThot likes this.
    03-07-12 12:45 AM
    What are you a kid? Go late @ nite? Your not saying its a nice thing but you suggested it anyway?

I answered the question. Impartially. You have problems with that?

The OP probably has parents who told him what's right and what's wrong when he was a kid. I don't think you or anyone else can be the arbiter of morality when adults are concerned.

Leave it to him to decide. He knows it's possible and he knows it's potentially illegal. Assuming he is an adult, he'll make up his own mind without somebody preaching to him.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-07-12 at 12:54 AM.
    03-07-12 12:52 AM

The OP probably has parents who told him what's right and what's wrong when he was a kid. I don't think you or anyone else can be the arbiter of morality when adults are concerned.

Leave it to him to decide. He knows it's possible and he knows it's potentially illegal. Assuming he is an adult, he'll make up his own mind without somebody preaching to him.
    You answered his question impartially? Yeah right. You knew what you suggested and @ d end of your post your trying to pull back.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-07-12 12:59 AM
    You answered his question impartially? Yeah right. You knew what you suggested and @ d end of your post your trying to pull back.
    Excellent analytic skills. I am happy for you.
    03-07-12 01:01 AM
    Glad your happy.
    03-07-12 01:04 AM

To do so knowingly is illegal in all states - just a matter of whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony. If a store wants to be nasty, and some are, they don't have to prove anything. Best case scenario is that you get caught and are embarrassed whereas the worst case is that you get caught and they call security and/or the police and threaten to prosecute. Successfully breaking the law is not something I view as a best case. It is just ethically and morally bankrupt.
    auditman and YourMobileGuru like this.
    03-07-12 01:12 AM
    To do so knowingly is illegal in all states - just a matter of whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony. If a store wants to be nasty, and some are, they don't have to prove anything. Best case scenario is that you get caught and are embarrassed whereas the worst case is that you get caught and they call security and/or the police and threaten to prosecute. Successfully breaking the law is not something I view as a best case. It is just ethically and morally bankrupt.
    Absolutely agree with you. But, please, see my post above (#9).
    03-07-12 01:14 AM

Absolutely agree with you. But, please, see my post above (#9).
    Kenny i have no issue with op what he wants to do. Its your suggestion thats im questioning. If you agree why suggest something thats morally and ethically wrong.
    03-07-12 01:21 AM
    Kenny i have no issue with op what he wants to do. Its your suggestion thats im questioning. If you agree why suggest something thats morally and ethically wrong.
    Have you seen any suggestion/direction/approval in my post?

I said it is possible under certain circumstances. Did I say "Hey man, go and do it?"

All I am saying is that the OP is asking his questions and he is interested in technicalities, not in the moral aspect of what he intends to do. Your preaching and saying it's unethical and immoral won't change a thing.

Btw, do you snitch on your cheating friends? Or would you, if you had one? Cheating is morally wrong, is it not?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-07-12 at 01:28 AM.
    03-07-12 01:24 AM
    If you go there late at night, the tech people will be gone.

In fact, this may be illegal in your state if you knowingly do that. But proving you knew is pretty impossible.
    These are your words. Both implied suggestion and direction.

No i dont have cheating friends. (yet)
    03-07-12 01:35 AM
    These are your words. Both implied suggestion and direction.

No i dont have cheating friends. (yet)
    Oh, you know what I implied. On top of your excellent analytic skills, you also have the ability to read others' minds. Fascinating.

You didn't answer the question though. Would you snitch on a cheating friend, if you had one?
    03-07-12 01:37 AM
    Oh, you know what I implied. On top of your excellent analytic skills, you also have the ability to read others' minds. Fascinating.

You didn't answer the question though. Would you snitch on a cheating friend, if you had one?
    Whats for Caesar is for Caesar.
    03-07-12 01:41 AM
    Whats for Caesar is for Caesar.
    Exactly what I was saying.

Thanks. I am done here.
    03-07-12 01:42 AM
    My brother left me a Playbook to return while he went on a trip, the thing is, he already put it in the box, now he tells me his not sure if he put the right one, he own a few playbooks and 1 of them defective and 2 other he bought "as-in" condition on kijiji.

so he doesn't mind which one i will return, as long he will get one back, but im wondering, if i return a tablet to walmart which i didn't even bought it from, with a receipt of a different playbook and a box of a different playbook, will they take it? do they open the box? do they check serial numbers?

Thanks !!
    so you rather open a new thread and wait for the response of other playbook owners instead of opening the box and checking the serial number? well... i don't know what to say.
    Last edited by Calimero1987; 03-07-12 at 02:21 AM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-07-12 01:59 AM
    Audit and Kenny, cool it. You've both said what you had to say, time to let it go.
    03-07-12 02:22 AM
    Yup they will open it and check that the serial number matches the one on the receipt thst will verify thats a walmart stock your returning.
    That only works with items that dont have serial numbers or at least dont have serial numbers that are scanned on the receipt. If the receipt has the SN on it they will verify that with both the box and the tablet itself.
    03-07-12 02:22 AM
    What do u want? Our blessings for you to go ahead and scam walmart?
    that's certainly what it sounds like.

To the OP: open the box and verify that you are returning the right PB. If it's the wrong one even if they dont check it when you get there the store will not get credit for the device when they send it back and that in turn leads to higher prices.
    auditman and cezley like this.
    03-07-12 02:26 AM
    I have to question the maturity, the integrity, and the morality of ANYONE who remotely suggests to commit a fraud of this nature. I find this amorality most repulsive, and most indicative of what's wrong with America.
    03-07-12 04:34 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD