perhaps it's bc I am used to the storm's click screen but sometimes I find the scrolling in the browser too fast and that it is very easy to accidentally open links when touching the screen

anyone else agree? hoping an update will soon allow you to adjust screen sensitivity...unless it is possible now and I'm missing something?
    04-23-11 10:07 AM
    Browser, yes- it can be touchy. Playbook itself, (opening menus, apps, settings, etc)- just the opposite- need MORE sensitivity. There should have been a native adjustment for screen sensitivity from the start.
    04-23-11 10:46 AM
    Yup, I, too, kept accidently opening links when I merely wanted to scroll up or down.
    04-23-11 10:48 AM
    would be great if you could scroll on the left or right outside of the image so that you don't swipe on links accidentally
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    04-23-11 10:57 AM
    Yes, far too sensitive. Just the other day, I told my PlayBook it was worthless without native email and an abundance of applications. I swear tears started coming down that big, beautiful screen.
    04-23-11 10:57 AM
    Yes, far too sensitive. Just the other day, I told my PlayBook it was worthless without native email and an abundance of applications. I swear tears started coming down that big, beautiful screen.
    lol! thanks for the laugh
    04-23-11 11:00 AM
    lol! thanks for the laugh
    heehee. You are welcome. But, all jokes aside, the screen is a bit sensitive at times. You really have to be wary of it, or you end up opening stuff you do not want. Makes for fun times.
    04-23-11 11:07 AM
    heehee. You are welcome. But, all jokes aside, the screen is a bit sensitive at times. You really have to be wary of it, or you end up opening stuff you do not want. Makes for fun times.
    indeeed...and i am sure it's better than not being sensitive enough!
    04-23-11 11:11 AM
    indeeed...and i am sure it's better than not being sensitive enough!
    No doubt about that.
    04-23-11 11:37 AM
    i would say the thing I find the most frustrating is when you use your thumb to scroll down in webpages you often accidentally click on an ad. An ad-blocker is needed bad!
    04-23-11 12:19 PM
    Hi, does anyone have a solution to the over sensitivity of the Playbook screen, is there somewhere to adjust the sensitivity? Mine was great at first but now very erratic.
    thanks
    08-15-11 11:22 PM
    is there somewhere to adjust the sensitivity? Mine was great at first but now very erratic.
    thanks
    firstly, welcome to crackberry!

i wish for the ability to adjust sensitivity as well but current it is not avaliable
    08-16-11 10:32 AM
    Definitely too sensitive in some cases ... especially when an accidental brush of the screen loads up another tab and another (unwanted) site.

When I clean the screen I like to have the PB in standby mode, but the act of cleaning often wakes up the PB again due to the full screen swipe feature to wake it up. I'd love to be able to turn that feature off! I always use the power button to wake it up, I see no reason to put unnecessary smears on the screen.

As others have noted, the PB could really use the ability to scroll through web pages and documents via the bezel so that you don't have to touch the "live" area of the screen and accidentally select an unintended link.
    08-16-11 11:32 AM
    I guess it is a bit sensitive at times, but after a little use I found myself navigating around the overscrolls and ad clicks pretty much without thinking.

As for cleaning I have found using the cleaning cloth in small circles seems to do the trick without waking the device up, it may take a little longer than long wipes, but provides a better clean in my opinion.
    08-16-11 11:42 AM
    All of this accidentally opening links has nothing to do with "sensitivity", but everything to do with where you put your finger. It is easy to accidentally lift your finger from the screen while dragging, then the display does not keep up and when it makes contact again, you end up accidentally tapping a link that you did not intend. Not sure what the solution is, but be sure to maintain contact while dragging and only drag in areas clear of links (obviously, but difficult to avoid them) . Is your screen clean , because oily build ups may cause the touch sensitivity to skip at different points, plus fatter fingers will have more trouble targeting or avoiding links..try a stylus, it helps a LOT.

There seems to be a bug in the pinch zoom where it will suddenly snap back while pinch zooming also. generally I think they need to work the bugs out.

What would improve things a LOT would be if you could use the bezel to scroll, to avoid any possibility of pressing links. With the only pad with touch sensitivity, I don't know how they missed this obvious improvement and advantage over other tabs. It surely is possible.
    08-16-11 11:49 AM
    I actually find it really hard to open page 2 on forums links without zooming in, even when I clearly hit the "2" it will act as if I clicked the main link and open the first page. I find I have to click slightly to the right and sometimes that doesn't even work.
    08-16-11 11:56 AM
    I actually find it really hard to open page 2 on forums links without zooming in, even when I clearly hit the "2" it will act as if I clicked the main link and open the first page. I find I have to click slightly to the right and sometimes that doesn't even work.
    Again a perfect case for a stylus - helps avoid pinch zooming, but still something this small is hard to hit accurately on ANY touch device, or even with a stylus. I'm not sure I would blame PlayBook.. I think we will see an evolving of websites to be "touch friendly" by not having such tiny links. You would think Crackberry would be a leader in this regard....but, no.
    08-16-11 12:11 PM
    Freaking bloody right about the PB opening stupid links when scrolling!!!!! Drives me insane!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 12:21 PM
    Freaking bloody right about the PB opening stupid links when scrolling!!!!! Drives me insane!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm still chuckling but sorry for your pain! (I have seen more ads due to this issue than I see watching network tv!)
    08-16-11 01:33 PM
    I think and hope it will get a way to adjust the sensitivity. I've been been finding spots on most pages that are not clickable and just scroll from there, you don't have to scroll only from the edge.
    08-16-11 02:36 PM
    i would say the thing I find the most frustrating is when you use your thumb to scroll down in webpages you often accidentally click on an ad. An ad-blocker is needed bad!
    I see this as being a bit too sensitive. I've opened apps also when scrolling, but learned how to always let go even if I think a flick wont result in scrolling, at least it's better than opening something I didn't want.
    08-16-11 04:54 PM
    It's not just my PlayBook but my Torch 9800 too.

I'm still undecided what I'm upgrading too but this is what I will be testing with the Bold 9900.

BTW, this is just with the Browsers.
    Last edited by bembol; 08-16-11 at 04:59 PM.
    08-16-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD