I have recently attempted to watch a few videos on Canadian news site (ctv.ca for instance) and I receive the "Download Adobe Flash Player" error constantly. Click the button, and lo and behold I have the most recent version available for my device.

Any one else experiencing this?

Hopefully PB gets a mini-update to resolve this soon.
    03-14-14 12:46 PM
    I do have same issue on my Z30 and I've been searching for a solution
    03-14-14 02:25 PM
    The stock browser is useless. You may have some sucess with Oragami or one of the other browsers.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-14-14 02:46 PM
    Agreed -- try different user agents in Origami. A mobile version of the site may use HTML5 instead of Flash.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-14-14 04:14 PM
    It's the websites fault, not your devices. I have the same problem with Ubuntu on my desktop. My Flash Player is current with Ubuntu, too. CTV and affiliate stations videos used to play with no problems my BlackBerry devices and Ubuntu up to a couple/few months ago. They play on Microsoft, though. Same issue with watching the live streaming of the Olympics on CBC.this year. My son had the same problem trying to stream the Olympics on his Mac. Canadians may remember the last winter Olympics online video issue. You were forced go use MS Silverlight. My conspiracy theory is that Microsoft has something to do with this topic problem.
    03-14-14 05:47 PM
    Adobe has stopped development of flash for mobile devices excepting security patches, so all mobile devices (except maybe windows 8 tabs) should have the same problem. Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices
    03-14-14 09:13 PM
    Adobe has stopped development of flash for mobile devices excepting security patches, so all mobile devices (except maybe windows 8 tabs) should have the same problem. Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices
    And for Linux, too (hence the Ubuntu issue another poster mentioned) It's crappy of Adobe, but that's what they did.
    03-14-14 10:25 PM
    And for Linux, too (hence the Ubuntu issue another poster mentioned) It's crappy of Adobe, but that's what they did.
    I just got another update to Flash 11.2.202.346 for GNU/Linux openSUSE 13.1. It's probably just another security fix though, since Flash is up to version 12.
    03-15-14 04:28 AM
    I cannot seem to access FaceBook or YouTube on my PlayBook, my iPod Touch or my laptop.

On my laptop, I keep getting a message telling me to update to Flash Player Pro. On my PlayBook and iPod Touch, I am unable to access the sites.

What can I do?
    03-15-14 07:14 AM
    I'm hopeful all websites will transition to HTML5 for multimedia content and away from the Flash/Silverlight behemoth from Adobe/MSFT.

I think part of the reason Adobe killed Flash for mobile is because iOS never supported it.
    03-15-14 07:32 AM
    I'm hopeful all websites will transition to HTML5 for multimedia content and away from the Flash/Silverlight behemoth from Adobe/MSFT.

I think part of the reason Adobe killed Flash for mobile is because iOS never supported it.
    No one really likes flash because of security and resource usage. Unfortunately, web designers still do...
    03-15-14 11:08 AM
    No one really likes flash because of security and resource usage. Unfortunately, web designers still do...
    I noticed... A lot of web designers also like IE as a browser... lmao
    03-15-14 05:35 PM
    The stock browser is useless. You may have some sucess with Oragami or one of the other browsers.
    Thanks for the advice. I use Origami as my default browser and have found that if I have issues with video in it, switching to the stock browser usually solves the problem.

Unfortunately, I am running into issues regardless of user agent or browser. I'm guessing that with flash for mobile being dead, as sites update their flash requirements we will lose out on the mobile side of things.
    03-17-14 10:33 AM
    Same issue on my BB playbook. Can't play CTV stuff anymore, but I can still watch Global for some reason. On my Google Nexus5 phone, I can't watch via web browser (no flash support) but I could subscribe for a fee and watch the mobile app version of CTV. I'm seeing more and more of the free content being locked behind subscription (Cable or phone accounts) or monthly pay subscriptions.
    03-17-14 10:44 AM
    I noticed... A lot of web designers also like IE as a browser... lmao
    And that alone proves they shouldn't be hired to build websites. ;-)

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-20-14 07:11 AM
    And that alone proves they shouldn't be hired to build websites. ;-)

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Never a truer word has been spoken
    03-21-14 04:54 PM
    What exactly does this mean - I was still watching movies last week; what will stop working on our playbook, please.
    03-22-14 10:42 AM
    It means that some websites that require a later flash version to run vids than the Playbook or other mobile devices have may no longer work.
    castoridae likes this.
    03-22-14 11:31 AM
    I had the same issue with my Q10...then after a firmware release a few weeks ago fixed it...so it must have had a flash update in the firmware package. Hopefully the same will happen to the Playbook
    castoridae likes this.
    03-23-14 10:26 AM
    I do have same issue on my Z30 and I've been searching for a solution
    Mine too, cannot even open google.com.
    04-14-14 03:36 PM
    Flash is junk, the internet will be better when it's dead and buried.
    04-14-14 03:46 PM
    Just make sure that flash is enabled in your browser options.
    Works beautifully in The PlayBook browser (not in Origami).
    Flash works beautifully and it is the reason why live streaming of TV stations is so much higher resolution on the PlayBook than on an Ipad.

Posted via CB10
    motoxs likes this.
    04-14-14 04:41 PM
    Just make sure that flash is enabled in your browser options.
    Works beautifully in The PlayBook browser (not in Origami).
    Flash works beautifully and it is the reason why live streaming of TV stations is so much higher resolution on the PlayBook than on an Ipad.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Works fine. No more pop-up..
    04-14-14 09:01 PM