• 1 Post By Darlaten
  • 3 Post By saudadeii
  • 1 Post By randall2580
  • 4 Post By rimthrowaway
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is anybody from RIM around here?

I am not trying to be sarcastic. It is just a simple question.

I understand that some features and apps are difficult to import/implement, because it's not in their control or too time consuming (especially now that all the resources are on the BB10).
    But requests and missing features such as arranging the bookmarks or saving a pic in your PB that is already saved in your bridged BB should be easy and fast (I am not a developer myself and I may be terribly wrong).

But still I would love one the RIM techs to write a post (just one so we know that they "exist" and listen) and say "Hey, just to let you know that we listen to you and we are doing our best to meet your demands".

I mean CB website is not just a site, it's THE site when it comes to BB and would love it to be a platform of communication.

On the other hand what I am asking, it may have happened already as I have been here only recently compared to others. I would love to see such a post if it exists.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,639 Global Posts

Default Re: Is anybody from RIM around here?

You clearly overlooked the bottom of the page.

"CrackBerry.com is in No Way Affiliated with Research in Motion Limited."

So I suggest take your post to an official RIM site if you expect some kind of "official" acknowlegdement.
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

from talking to others in my city there seems to be a culture of rim employees being told to stay away from sites like this.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by saudadeii View Post
    You clearly overlooked the bottom of the page.

"CrackBerry.com is in No Way Affiliated with Research in Motion Limited."

So I suggest take your post to an official RIM site if you expect some kind of "official" acknowlegdement.
    Are you implying that if I voice my frustration that after 1.5 years of being a PB owner I cannot do a simple thing such as arranging my bookmarks, RIM's techs will ignore it because I posted it in CB's and not in RIM's website on the grounds that "CrackBerry.com is in No Way Affiliated with Research in Motion Limited."?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

Policy or no, if I were RIM I'd be scanning this site to gauge loyal customer temperature
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
    Policy or no, if I were RIM I'd be scanning this site to gauge loyal customer temperature
    And that explains their silence.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    333BF5D4

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
    Seems like a no-brainer to me. Want to know about your product....where else would you go?
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,639 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave_h_946 View Post
    Are you implying that if I voice my frustration that after 1.5 years of being a PB owner I cannot do a simple thing such as arranging my bookmarks, RIM's techs will ignore it because I posted it in CB's and not in RIM's website on the grounds that "CrackBerry.com is in No Way Affiliated with Research in Motion Limited."?
    No. I'm suggesting if you want some kind of acknowledgment from RIM, you should use a RIM resource to voice your frustration. I'm sure many RIM employees participate here. I'm equally sure none will respond as a RIM employee.

I certainly share some of your frustrations, but If you want your issue recorded, you should report it though "official channels".
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    Thanked by:
    snarlybear (11-08-2012) 
    snarlybear, 00stryder and bbmtna like this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by saudadeii View Post
    No. I'm suggesting if you want some kind of acknowledgment from RIM, you should use a RIM resource to voice your frustration. I'm sure many RIM employees participate here. I'm equally sure none will respond as a RIM employee.

I certainly share some of your frustrations, but If you want your issue recorded, you should report it though "official channels".
    Policy not with standing, I would also suggest that if someone suggested they were with RIM, they would get 10000 emails daily asking about this and that etc. I'm sure the odd RIM employee scans this site but official problems should go official sites etc. Just saying.....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

If you want to communicate directly with someone from RIM I suggest twitter. As for Bookmark management, it was said long long ago that there would be no more enhancements done with the PlayBook Browser. Just have to wait until BlackBerry10.

From the looks of things BlackBerry10 is gonna have one kick azz browser. Very cool our PlayBook's will get updated to BlackBerry10...very cool indeed. Thanks RIM
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

hmm, I see what you mean but if she/he receives 1000 emails it's not my concern.

My point is that any respectful business should have people cobbing the web so they can listen to their customers' opinions about its products and the missing features. CB is the largest community forum regarding RIM's products. It's a source of wealth for RIM. Because it is not affiliated with RIM it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If RIM chooses to ignore CB (and thus the opinions of a large customer base) then it's a pathetic business and it justifies its position in the market.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    If you want to communicate directly with someone from RIM I suggest twitter. As for Bookmark management, it was said long long ago that there would be no more enhancements done with the PlayBook Browser. Just have to wait until BlackBerry10.

From the looks of things BlackBerry10 is gonna have one kick azz browser. Very cool our PlayBook's will get updated to BlackBerry10...very cool indeed. Thanks RIM
    I am too looking forward for BB10. Contract expired last august and I am waiting patiently. The bookmark management was just an example.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts

While I don't know if RIM techs/engineers are here I do remember I believe both Thorstein and Frank said in interviews that they read this blog from time to time.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, teams do browse the CB Forums to see how new features are received and info about bugs that are encountered. I know it can be frustrating, but we do lurk in the shadows. You are completely correct about resources being put towards BB10. We try our best to provide the best applications to you, our clients, but some things are not feasible presently.
    So here goes:
    "Hey, just to let you know that we listen to you and we are doing our best to meet your demands"
    Thanked by 3:
    brian4591 (11-10-2012),  playbookpa (11-09-2012),  sputneek (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post

If BB10 is as bug-free and feature packed as the initial release of 1.x, I can hardly wait... Hope I didn't hurt any feelings by saying that but realistically, well you know the old saying about .0 releases.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dave_h_946 View Post
    hmm, I see what you mean but if she/he receives 1000 emails it's not my concern.

My point is that any respectful business should have people cobbing the web so they can listen to their customers' opinions about its products and the missing features. CB is the largest community forum regarding RIM's products. It's a source of wealth for RIM. Because it is not affiliated with RIM it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If RIM chooses to ignore CB (and thus the opinions of a large customer base) then it's a pathetic business and it justifies its position in the market.
    If this was to happen apple would then realize at the bottom of every yahoo article that their company is mistreating workers and gouging their customers by reading the posts. No company does that!!! Rim apple or android!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rimthrowaway View Post
    Yes, teams do browse the CB Forums to see how new features are received and info about bugs that are encountered. I know it can be frustrating, but we do lurk in the shadows. You are completely correct about resources being put towards BB10. We try our best to provide the best applications to you, our clients, but some things are not feasible presently.
    So here goes:
    "Hey, just to let you know that we listen to you and we are doing our best to meet your demands"
    Well you're just not doing it bloody quick enough!!!!

I just said that to present what would probably happen to RIM people if we knew who they were

Thanks for taking the time to register and letting us know that you're around.
    What's in a world?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

There probably are secretly. I personally would not come here if I was a RIM employee. I know how much of a I) 1 ( !< we aee sometimes and I would not want thousands of angry messages.
    CrackBerry Addict

Alec Saunders has a crackberry account http://forums.crackberry.com/members...nders-3161203/
    CrackBerry Genius

It would be foolish of any company not to listen to their customers, especially without them knowing.

They must drop in to see which noises are being made the most - good or bad.

For the amount of BB bashing that goes on around here, I'd be amazed if anyone ever did check in.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947