To start, I am NOT ditching the Playbook. I recently received a second Playbook as a result of the RIM App Promotion. Since I already have a 64 GB, I am planning to sell the spare one for some cash. My issue is no-one seems to be responding to my posts on Craigslist for the Playbook at $160, whereas all the other ones are going for over $200. Anyone had luck selling their tablet?
    04-02-12 09:17 PM
    yeah.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2Fwww.ebay.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 09:31 PM
    I have excellent luck with toronto.kijiji.ca. I've sold lots of stuff, but I always price it competitively because I don't want to deal with hagglers and I don't want to hang on to things for weeks and weeks waiting for them to go... so just go on yourlocalbigcity.kijiji.ca and post the ad there... if it's really BNIB and you price it just below the going rate, then don't waste time responding to lowballers, it'll go eventually, sooner if you price it a bit lower still.
    04-02-12 09:31 PM
    To start, I am NOT ditching the Playbook. I recently received a second Playbook as a result of the RIM App Promotion. Since I already have a 64 GB, I am planning to sell the spare one for some cash. My issue is no-one seems to be responding to my posts on Craigslist for the Playbook at $160, whereas all the other ones are going for over $200. Anyone had luck selling their tablet?
    I'll be glad to take it off your hands, send me a PM.
    04-02-12 09:37 PM
    id take it for $160... if that is Canadian and you can ship it to Toronto for pretty cheap.
    04-02-12 09:40 PM
    Craiglist price it a bit lower than d store.
    04-02-12 09:40 PM
    Rosebud68,
    Hey, I have a question. I was tempted to buy it for 160 as well but I don't see that many post from the OP and therefore don't know where he is coming from. So, here is my question. How do you know the PB he is selling is not rooted and somehow poses a security risk.
    I know for a fact that I could sell it for 199.00 with friends because I've gotten a ton of people to get Playbooks and they all love them. However, I see it as a service to my technically (at least Playbook) ignorant friends and I would hate to have someone buy a Playbook with a virus.
    I actually saw a few on a few websites for sale but the same concern has kept me from ordering. Could you add any insights to the security question? Would a complete wipe and reset clear all this or is there no way to tell?
    Currently I am ordering Playbooks from BlackBerry and Best Buy, since they price match Office Depot and I've been buying cases from CrackBerry. Again, there are places that are a bit cheaper but CrackBerry gives me no hassles and I trust them 100%. Joe Blow on Amazon may be O.K. but what if he is not?

Thanks.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-02-12 at 10:23 PM.
    04-02-12 10:21 PM
    Rosebud68,
    Hey, I have a question. I was tempted to buy it for 160 as well but I don't see that many post from the OP and therefore don't know where he is coming from. So, here is my question. How do you know the PB he is selling is not rooted and somehow poses a security risk.
    I know for a fact that I could sell it for 199.00 with friends because I've gotten a ton of people to get Playbooks and they all love them. However, I see it as a service to my technically (at least Playbook) ignorant friends and I would hate to have someone buy a Playbook with a virus.
    I actually saw a few on a few websites for sale but the same concern has kept me from ordering. Could you add any insights to the security question? Would a complete wipe and reset clear all this or is there no way to tell?
    Currently I am ordering Playbooks from BlackBerry and Best Buy, since they price match Office Depot and I've been buying cases from CrackBerry. Again, there are places that are a bit cheaper but CrackBerry gives me no hassles and I trust them 100%. Joe Blow on Amazon may be O.K. but what if he is not?

Thanks.
    If he got it from the promotion AFTER he already had his... i dont see any reason for him to open it. If it is not opened it cannot be rooted.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-02-12 10:48 PM
    Rosebud68,

Thanks.
    I will try to answer as best as I can.

First off you can't be to sure when your buying from the web such as craigslist or eBay, or for that fact here on CB. Best advice I can give you is communication, Find out as much as you can by contacting that seller & getting as much info as possible. I've bought my share of electronic in my time from such web sight to know better. Of course that seller could miss lead you or withheld info that may do you wrong, its a crap shut at times. Buyer Beware.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-02-12 11:36 PM
    Sorry guys, I reside in Dallas, Texas and have shipped not across U.S. borders very often. As a result, I am not sure of the shipping costs that would be involved with shipping to Canada.

As for the rooting and security threat, I did open the Playbook only to test for defects (dead pixels, dust, etc.) and update the software to the latest OS2 official build (directly from first power-on). From what I am aware of, rooting is still not available on the official OS2 build?
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-03-12 07:03 AM
    xplane9,
    thanks for the additional info. I think for now I'll keep buying from Best Buy at 199.00 (and getting the 4% credit) and using CB to buy the accessories. However, I would like to suggest you try selling it to someone you know in your area. I started a little contest last month and twelve CrackBerry users signed up. I've sold eleven Playbooks to people (not making any money on the Playbooks, I just love BlackBerry) and collectively we have sold something like 64 Playbooks.
    My point is that if you explain the awesome specs and the cost it almost sells itself and frankly, you get to help a friend out and add another person to your video chat. Just an idea.
    BTW, here is the link to our little contest, the winner will get a nice bottle of wine ($50-100 bucks, a BlackBerry accessory and a BlackBerry Legion t-shirt). We've actually sold so many that I'm thinking about having a prize for everyone in the contest contributing if we move 300 - 400 PlayBooks. Probably not a $100.00 dollar bottle of wine for everyone but something, maybe a BlackBerry Legion t-shirt or something.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ontest-708204/
    04-03-12 09:26 AM
    When the Playbook first went on sale through Staples for 50% off for business accounts I bought 20 of the 16GB and resold them all on Ebay.
    04-03-12 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD