Looking to get a good stylus - big fingers...
    Anyone share any info on ones that are particularly good?
    Reviews of the stylus-r-us seem positive.

Thanks.

Rob
    05-08-11 09:01 AM
    Didnt think u could use a stylus with the pb??... i have big fat fingers but i use pinch to zoom to select buttons.
    05-08-11 09:12 AM
    I bought this one:

Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Jet Black): BoxWave Corporation

(If the link does not work, go to Amazon and search for "BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus " I works great, but i find that the more i use my Playbook the less i use the stylus. I, too, have fat fingers, but i guess im getting use to the screen. the worst issue i have is positioning the teardrop shaped cursor in Word.
    05-08-11 09:24 AM
    I bought this one:

(If the link does not work, go to Amazon and search for "BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus " I works great, but i find that the more i use my Playbook the less i use the stylus. I, too, have fat fingers, but i guess im getting use to the screen. the worst issue i have is positioning the teardrop shaped cursor in Word.
    Just love my boxwave. Using it now and can say its like a finger. Clean screen and great for sitting in the park chatting on facebook.

Good luck
    05-08-11 09:30 AM
    Do not buy a stylus r us stylus. I have never used one but the tips look like a pogo tip and those suck. The main reason I don't recommend them is because the owner is a weirdo. He acts like a customer and posts reviews of his stylus everywhere. If you read reviews of any stylus you will see comments about how much better the stylus r us one is. And after you read a few you notice they all pretty much say the same exact thing, some are exact copy paste jobs just with different poster names. I'm sure the majority of the positive reviews you see are from him. I'm willing to bet he will eventually register here just to post in this thread. lol

I bought a best buy Targus. I works very well. Makes browsing the web without clicking ads much easier. I use it for pretty much everything except for typing.
    Last edited by Witmen; 05-08-11 at 10:16 AM.
    Yup99 likes this.
    05-08-11 10:09 AM
    The problem I see with a capacitive stylus is they aren't much smaller then a finger tip.
    05-08-11 10:13 AM
    Oh by the way the box wave, griffin and targus brands all sell the same stylus. Like i dont have a box wave, but mine is identical to the one posted in the link above except mine didn't come with a string. Someone is making them and then these companies slap their name on them. But they all are the same and all work great.
    05-08-11 10:14 AM
    The problem I see with a capacitive stylus is they aren't much smaller then a finger tip.
    this is true, but for whatever reason they are easier to aim, at least for me.
    05-08-11 10:21 AM
    this is true, but for whatever reason they are easier to aim, at least for me.
    Yeah by looking at it you think its to fat to do anything. but they are actually very precise.
    05-08-11 10:29 AM
    Hey Witman, right you are! My friend got sucked in and paid sumthing like $40bucks for the Stylus R Us. Got what looks like a modified bit of antenna with some furry stuff stuck in it and bout 6 pages of instructions of how to use it. LOL. Ripped Off or what ! We reckon all the reviews are written by him too. Real weirdo !! Craps on forever about how good he is ! LMAO at his website. Get a bit of antenna and make your own !
    05-10-11 06:21 AM
    has anyone come across a note pad app that you can use the stylus with to jot down notes or pages of notes onto the playbook?

mom's on the fence over iPad2 or PB and her big concern is wanting to use a stylus and be able to write meeting notes and things on it that will transfer to a word document and just know what she wrote..

not sure if that all makes sense or not.
    05-18-11 06:11 PM
    These newer Tablets would be so much better with stylus pens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 07:00 PM
    I bought this one:

I just received my Acase stylus (Amazon.com: Acase 2nd Generation Apple iPad / iPhone / iPod Capacitive Stylus (Jet Black) Newest Model: Electronics) and am sending it back. This is my first time trying a stylus with my PB, so not sure if all Styli are like this with the PB or if it's just this one, but I hate the fact that I can't just glide the tip over the screen like I can with my finger and have it respond. I have to mush down to hard and it's annoying. Maybe I'll try that Boxwave and see if that one's better.
    Last edited by Prey521; 06-06-11 at 05:45 PM.
    06-06-11 05:43 PM
    Just love my boxwave. Using it now and can say its like a finger. Clean screen and great for sitting in the park chatting on facebook.

Good luck
    UPS just dropped off my BoxWave Stylus and man is it a night and day difference between it and the ACase stylus! WOW! Thanks for the suggestion, I'm a happy camper now since it works great with the Air Hockey game!
    06-08-11 02:09 PM
    UPS just dropped off my BoxWave Stylus and man is it a night and day difference between it and the ACase stylus! WOW! Thanks for the suggestion, I'm a happy camper now since it works great with the Air Hockey game!
    It's a good stylus, although now that im more use to the touchscreen i find it mostly stays in my case.
    06-08-11 02:15 PM
    It's a good stylus, although now that im more use to the touchscreen i find it mostly stays in my case.
    Yeah, I don't see it replacing my finger anytime soon

My daughter's using it right now on the WetPaint app and she's having a ball lol
    06-08-11 02:35 PM
    So I've been on the fence for a while with whether or not to buy one. Part of it that I haven't seen anyone tell me (here) that there is a fabulous note taking app yet. This would really be the only reason I would use a stylus as the rest of the time I think I use pinch to zoom too much to make it practical to use one...

PG
    06-08-11 02:46 PM
    Yup - note taking or doodling seems to be the application for a stylus - I like the idea because I can illustrate my notes with diagrams and pictures and wow it might actually take us full circle back to papyrus!

To make it really useful you need a doodle to text conversion app. or at least a way to sequence your notes into pdf pages instead of a separate file for each page. All the doodle apps I have seen simply store the page into a file and most of them save it who-knows-where and who- knows what file format or file name - they just say "save".

It needs a way of organizing your various note pages into a sketch book or single file for a usable notebook or logbook. Also scrolling a larger page that you can pinch zoom would be great instead of the limited screen size page the current apps offer. infinite page size would be nice - if you need more space just scroll. Get to work developers!
    06-08-11 05:00 PM
    I'm looking at the e.stylo on youtube right now its a wooden stylus with a sharp tip looks like it feels more natural looks pretty cool limited angle but sharp tip - anyone tried this? plai.tv is the website.
    06-08-11 05:28 PM
    Hey Witman, right you are! My friend got sucked in and paid sumthing like $40bucks for the Stylus R Us. Got what looks like a modified bit of antenna with some furry stuff stuck in it and bout 6 pages of instructions of how to use it. LOL. Ripped Off or what ! We reckon all the reviews are written by him too. Real weirdo !! Craps on forever about how good he is ! LMAO at his website. Get a bit of antenna and make your own !
    +1 ... looking for it for the same reasons except i alreayd have a pb...

although tbh ur mom should get an ipad... nicer to write on a bigger screen/'notepad' ....
    06-08-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD