Once I initial power on of the Playbook. And run to the Setup screen. Once they update to the latest FW Version which 1710. It show 2xx MB something to download and update. Everything going good.

But after I setup everything up. I try to security wipe again to see what is going on.

I found that after I wipe it

1. On the Setup screen. the information already show SCM Version 1710 (Actually the Initial FW should be 1.0.0.0). I think that when we Wipe, it should back to Factory FW which 1.0.0.0. Anybody know about this ?

2. But when I setting up, it automatic download FW 1710 again but this time it show only 53 MB to download.

3. After everything setup. On the home screen it show New FW update again for the same version with the 54 MB.

Totally I have to download this 1710 FW 2 times !! untill everything back to Normal.

Please advice if this is just the BUG or something error ?
    04-24-11 02:22 PM
    Same thing here, I did a wipe then it downloaded a 53MB update on the next setup.

I don't think its the full 1710 probably just a program that gets removed in the wipe.

If after the 1st boot you do a restart you wont have to download the update twice.

I noticed I lost the games Need for Speed and Tetris after the wipe and update?
    04-24-11 02:43 PM
    Can't you re-download nfs and tetris from appworld?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 03:07 PM
    same thing happened to me. i lost the games. Maybe they will come back with the next upgrade.
    04-24-11 03:07 PM
    Can't you re-download nfs and tetris from appworld?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, i downloaded them.
    04-24-11 03:31 PM
    you should find them on app world...under my world>uninstalled

they *should* still be there
    04-24-11 03:32 PM
    Yes...you can d/l the games from bb apps.
    04-24-11 03:33 PM
    you should find them on app world...under my world>uninstalled

they *should* still be there
    Tetris was still there, but I had to reinstall NFS from app world.
    04-24-11 03:45 PM
    Tetris was still there, but I had to reinstall NFS from app world.
    either way glad you got it back
    04-24-11 03:52 PM
    I just did the same thing and now have redownloaddd everything but i lost the HD sample video i used to show off the playbook with anyone else find this? or know where to download it?
    04-24-11 04:45 PM
    Yes. Me too. I lost HD Sample VDO and also Song Sample. Before I wipe, I already backup everything into my Laptop by Desktop Manager. But after I wipe...restore. The Sample HD Sample VDO still not come back. I think it is gone permanently for sure.

I would like to know too where to download it. I try to sync to the computer and expect that it still have in the Playbook storage drive. But it does not.
    04-24-11 05:02 PM
    What if you force a download from DM , everything probably comes back?
    04-24-11 05:16 PM
    My Friend said that it come back if force a download from DM. But I never try.
    04-24-11 11:23 PM
    Don't know, may be... documents?
    04-24-11 11:28 PM
    Once I initial power on of the Playbook. And run to the Setup screen. Once they update to the latest FW Version which 1710. It show 2xx MB something to download and update. Everything going good.

But after I setup everything up. I try to security wipe again to see what is going on.

I found that after I wipe it

1. On the Setup screen. the information already show SCM Version 1710 (Actually the Initial FW should be 1.0.0.0). I think that when we Wipe, it should back to Factory FW which 1.0.0.0. Anybody know about this ?

2. But when I setting up, it automatic download FW 1710 again but this time it show only 53 MB to download.

3. After everything setup. On the home screen it show New FW update again for the same version with the 54 MB.

Totally I have to download this 1710 FW 2 times !! untill everything back to Normal.

Please advice if this is just the BUG or something error ?
    The 53 MB thing might be the firmware upgrade from 1.0.0.0 or the 1690 shipped release which should probably really be Beta 0.0.0.1
    04-24-11 11:29 PM
    i had to to security wipe my playbook as well, because the initial installation just did not go as smoothly as it should, i had problems with bridging, then after a successful bridging no apps or icons showed up on the "blackberry bridge tab".
    Well did my security wipe and reinstalled the lastes OS 1710 (2xxMb) all over again.
    Well done that, and all of the sudden NFS and Tetris are gone!!!

I tried to "search" for the games in App World, but could not find it.
    I browsed to the webstore with my laptop and found the games. however, when i tried to install it to my playbook, by entering the url into the playbook browser, redirected me to the appworld on my playbook, i did not have a "download" button.
    I tried a few times but had no luck, until i realized that NFS for example is only supported by countries canada, japan and unites states. i am located in indonesia.

is there any other way to recover the games lost?
    or can i somehow download and install it manually?

pls help. tx.
    04-30-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD