i never use the bing app, and who ever i give my playbook to has this habit of opening it, which causes my other gps app (thats actually works) to malfunction, requiring a restart. is there any way to delete it using a file browser like aftab.
    06-18-11 03:39 AM
    No you can't delete it. Even if you do, the OS will see this and prompt you for a small update which would put it back on anyways.
    Hopefully in the future we will be able to delete pre-installed apps.

Can you not move it to the bottom of the list to help prevent accidental opening of it?
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-18-11 at 03:49 AM.
    uci2ci likes this.
    06-18-11 03:46 AM
    tucking is away somewhere is an option, yes. better yet, not giving the pb to anyone else.
    06-18-11 03:58 AM
    I delete all the unwanted apps then just ignore the update prompt on the top task bar. I'd rather deal with a small 'Update Available' icon than a bunch of icons, even tucked down at the bottom of the screen.

max
    06-18-11 07:18 AM
    max_p, you are making feel better about the 13 9650s in the past 12 months.....although, i can't imagine leaving my pb in a car all day.

delete bing, ignore download.....
    Last edited by tkcdamar; 06-18-11 at 09:42 AM.
    06-18-11 09:29 AM
    The problem is, what happens when there's an actual update? Will it supersede the pending update that you have or would you have to install that update first, and then install the real update when that one is done? IMHO, it's not worth it, it's easy enough for me to ignore the stock apps/icons that I don't use, especially since you're not really saving any space. To see that pending update icon up top constantly would drive me up the wall LOL
    06-18-11 10:04 AM
    the thing with bing is that its you cant even delete it using the garbage can icon. most definitely has to do with the rim+ms deal. its so broken and half-assed that it doesnt even deserve to be on the pb imho.
    06-18-11 04:48 PM
    Tell them to stop opening it? then if they do, slap them in the faec
    06-18-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD