Anyone figured out a way to change the Blackberry ID? I am giving my playbook away because I damaged the Micro USB port.
    I bought a new one and I am trying to save all the video and music on the one I'm giving away.
    I want link the new owner to their BB ID but i can't figure out how. I know i could security wipe it and reinstall everything through wi-fi, but it is a 64GB hard drive and would take very long to transfer everything back. Also, i don't have access to a reliable internet connection to upgrade the OS.
    I am able to re-charge it with the magnetic charger so the new owner doesn't require the port except for USB connections.
    The installed movies and music will be fine for a while until I can get it to a faster wifi connection.
    I would be happy to just take my name off of it and add the new owner's name.

Thanks,
    03-15-12 06:12 AM
    Sorry, it can't be done. The only way to assign a different bbid to a PlayBook is to do a security wipe and set it up again with the new one.

When you edit your bbid on the settings page or by using the web version of app world, you are just changing the email address that is associated with the id - if you have multiple devices using the same bbid, they will all reflect the new address after the change.
    03-15-12 06:52 AM
    Sorry, I had to delete my comment. wrong info.

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 03-15-12 at 07:22 AM.
    03-15-12 07:07 AM
    I just got my second-hand blackberry playbook and need the same...
    I dont want make the wipe

its impossible do change the ID?

Last edited by sgpika; 03-15-12 at 09:44 AM.
    03-15-12 09:24 AM
    I just got my second-hand blackberry playbook and need the same...
    I dont want make the wipe

its impossible do change the ID?

03-15-12 09:53 AM
    There is an option. Head to blackberry ID inside the options then tap on the first pencil icon shown, you can update the details there. It will prompt for the password if you changed the BBID. Hope that helps.
    03-15-12 11:14 AM
    03-15-12 11:37 AM
    Hi, I have bought second hand Blackberry Playbook where i am facing the problem of Blackberry ID popping out again and again... Initially i was able to connect it through the PC via USB, but in between i have installed the new version of OS 7.0, from then i am no more able to connect to PC. Now I am not able to take the videos and pics from playbook to the PC, please help.. I want the data from Playbook to PC. Afterwards I can do security wipe. Before that help me somehow backup the data stored in Playbook....
    07-12-12 07:14 AM
    so if that is the only option, how do i wipe? i am trying to use my wife's old phone, and we keep logging eachother out of BB id associated aps because the devices are still linked through her id.
    11-28-15 10:26 AM
    You should be able to transfer those files from the PB over a wifi share. Forget using BlackBerry Desktop for this task and simply connect using smb://PB IP address/media to access the PB files.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD