Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By notfanboy
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any updates on bluetooth audio?

Hi guys, i did a search on this mentioned topic and found that some of you guys tried to play audio through your bluetooth speakers and somehow it was still play thru the playbook. and it was due to drivers not updated at that point of time.. any updates in this? anyone had success playing music thru bluetooth?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

This isn't yet possible. There's hope it will be available in 2.0 as the beta includes some low-level additions relating to A2DP.

No guarantees, of course, that the presence of such code in the beta actually means it will be available in whatever they release, whenever they release it.

I'm sure you won't be able to miss hearing about it when it's available.
    Thanked by 2:
    BuzzStarField (10-27-2011),  ianliang (10-27-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

All my fingers and toes are crossed!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,160 Global Posts

What's pathetic is that this is really old technology. This should be damn easy to do. My Moto RAZR dumbphone in 2007 already had A2DP.
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

On OS2 beta my Android shows up with an audio gateway, but it doesn't work yet.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default CV-290 Coby BT headset now works w/ 2.0 update

Coby works now...not all my audio devices will though...some device support must have come down w/ the update...try yours again...you might be happy
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,038 Global Posts

Default It works, sort of

It does send audio out Bluetooth since 2.0 but, two different BT devices I've tried switch from stereo hifi to mono lowfi for no known reason. If you stop the audio by pausing the media, it will switch back to stereo for a while then switch to mono again. For me BT audio is unusable. I've tried both devices on all three PlayBooks in my home. They all do it.
    Thanked by:
    h2oefx (04-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Time for a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    It does send audio out Bluetooth since 2.0 but, two different BT devices I've tried switch from stereo hifi to mono lowfi for no known reason. If you stop the audio by pausing the media, it will switch back to stereo for a while then switch to mono again. For me BT audio is unusable. I've tried both devices on all three PlayBooks in my home. They all do it.
    My cheap but (very usable) Coby CV-290 is working great in stereo with no mono bouncing.
    Panasonic SC-HC05 BT speakers...not at all.