im hoping rim releases a big knock-off-your-pants update for the playbook and gives uses all the features we want.

even just adding the auto correction feature would be nice.
    04-26-11 11:19 PM
    If they had something ready for us we'd have it already.
    04-26-11 11:24 PM
    youre probably right. oh well, i cant wait for the 9900 announcement. i promised my lady it'll be the last bb device i'll get for the year.
    04-26-11 11:33 PM
    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
    04-26-11 11:35 PM
    yeah i am guessing they aint holding back anything right now really as far as general function. Some more advanced stuff they might be but autocorrect and getting BBM on the bridge would be pushed out ASAP
    04-26-11 11:38 PM
    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
    i hope youre right. i wrote a review on my blog and gave the pb a 6.5 out of 10 for lack of features and certain issues. im hopeing we get some good updates so i can amend and update my review.
    04-27-11 12:05 AM
    about 4000 apps....thats all... it's no secret.
    04-27-11 12:18 AM
    Native email apps announcement should be there
    04-27-11 01:53 AM
    do u have any insight on what tat stuff we will have to look forwardto in the near future
    04-27-11 03:34 AM
    I would like to see an INSTANT FULL TANK OF FREE GAS app..............I would use it all the time!
    Setanta and Speczorz like this.
    04-27-11 05:49 AM
    In the recent Engadget interview with RIM's Ryan Bidan, Ryan said that there will be some announcements made at Blackberry World. I have no idea what they will be. Presumably, this is something beyond the video store which Ryan said is coming this summer.

I am hoping that there will be something more than just "announcements," like this new amazing feature will be available "this summer." I am hoping that we will see some definite things going on and imminent releases.

Personally, I am pretty happy with the Playbook's basic features. What we really need is more polish (little things like the ability to rotate an adobe acrobat attachment) and bug fixes (Bridge improvements, some browser issues).
    04-27-11 06:20 AM
    I hope that the 'video store' isn't just a Hulu or Netflix agreement, although either of those would be most welcome. I hope they're building a solid ecosystem.
    Presumably, this is something beyond the video store which Ryan said is coming this summer.
    04-27-11 10:39 AM
    actually allowing hulu plus and getting a netflix app would be huge IMO. you already can play amazon stuff. Most people probably have netflix or hulu plus already so that would mean no extra cost. adding another "paid" service just doesnt sound good
    04-27-11 12:08 PM
    actually allowing hulu plus and getting a netflix app would be huge IMO. you already can play amazon stuff. Most people probably have netflix or hulu plus already so that would mean no extra cost. adding another "paid" service just doesnt sound good
    practically speaking, how does the amazon stuff work? I thought you need their "player" to download and play or, if streaming, IE.

do you need to download on a pc and then move the file over?
    04-27-11 01:01 PM
    Just let me use the bridge browser with AT&T free of charge and I will be really happy. And have it work properly too instead of dl speeds slower than dial up...
    04-27-11 01:03 PM
    I'm expecting some big announcements with RIM locking down big name apps and services that the Playbook really needs right now. Netflix, Hulu, etc would be HUGE like howarmat stated.
    04-27-11 01:11 PM
    practically speaking, how does the amazon stuff work? I thought you need their "player" to download and play or, if streaming, IE.

do you need to download on a pc and then move the file over?
    amazon streams simlar to hulu basically. no app. you can purchase movies to watch but also if you have prime or have purchased movies you can stream them for free in some cases.
    leafs123 likes this.
    04-27-11 01:23 PM
    amazon streams simlar to hulu basically. no app. you can purchase movies to watch but also if you have prime or have purchased movies you can stream them for free in some cases.
    I hate hijacking hreads but, here I go...

I can get the streaming I need through HBOtoGo and MAXtoGo, I'm thinking about downloading and watching without a network connection (and I don't want to discuss torrents - before this hijacked thread gets hijacked), i.e. on a plane. Can amazon purchases transfer?
    04-27-11 01:40 PM
    yeah but can you watch streaming movies outside the US

always my biggest problem with netflix
    04-27-11 02:13 PM
    I hate hijacking hreads but, here I go...

I can get the streaming I need through HBOtoGo and MAXtoGo, I'm thinking about downloading and watching without a network connection (and I don't want to discuss torrents - before this hijacked thread gets hijacked), i.e. on a plane. Can amazon purchases transfer?
    i think its all "cloud" based sine they have the cloud player too

yeah but can you watch streaming movies outside the US

always my biggest problem with netflix
    that i dont know
    04-27-11 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD