Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. hnguyen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default any rumored surprises for the playbook at bb world?

    im hoping rim releases a big knock-off-your-pants update for the playbook and gives uses all the features we want.

    even just adding the auto correction feature would be nice.
    Firepowr.net
  2. X04D00's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    If they had something ready for us we'd have it already.
  3. hnguyen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    youre probably right. oh well, i cant wait for the 9900 announcement. i promised my lady it'll be the last bb device i'll get for the year.
    Firepowr.net
  4. vod332's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
  5. #5  

    Default

    yeah i am guessing they aint holding back anything right now really as far as general function. Some more advanced stuff they might be but autocorrect and getting BBM on the bridge would be pushed out ASAP
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  6. hnguyen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
    i hope youre right. i wrote a review on my blog and gave the pb a 6.5 out of 10 for lack of features and certain issues. im hopeing we get some good updates so i can amend and update my review.
    Firepowr.net
  7. gpptsi's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
    about 4000 apps....thats all... it's no secret.
  8. livejam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Native email apps announcement should be there
  9. avaio's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    There are 2 big things coming by the "start of Blackberry World." I know many of you will doubt the veracity of my statement when I tell you I was asked not to talk about it. We should be getting an update around May 1. That is all I can say.
    do u have any insight on what tat stuff we will have to look forwardto in the near future
  10. porsche944's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I would like to see an INSTANT FULL TANK OF FREE GAS app..............I would use it all the time!
    Thanked by 2:
    Setanta (04-27-2011),  Speczorz (04-27-2011) 
  11. lawguyman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,404 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    In the recent Engadget interview with RIM's Ryan Bidan, Ryan said that there will be some announcements made at Blackberry World. I have no idea what they will be. Presumably, this is something beyond the video store which Ryan said is coming this summer.

    I am hoping that there will be something more than just "announcements," like this new amazing feature will be available "this summer." I am hoping that we will see some definite things going on and imminent releases.

    Personally, I am pretty happy with the Playbook's basic features. What we really need is more polish (little things like the ability to rotate an adobe acrobat attachment) and bug fixes (Bridge improvements, some browser issues).
  12. MisterMe11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I hope that the 'video store' isn't just a Hulu or Netflix agreement, although either of those would be most welcome. I hope they're building a solid ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawguyman View Post
    Presumably, this is something beyond the video store which Ryan said is coming this summer.
  13. #13  

    Default

    actually allowing hulu plus and getting a netflix app would be huge IMO. you already can play amazon stuff. Most people probably have netflix or hulu plus already so that would mean no extra cost. adding another "paid" service just doesnt sound good
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  14. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,782 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    actually allowing hulu plus and getting a netflix app would be huge IMO. you already can play amazon stuff. Most people probably have netflix or hulu plus already so that would mean no extra cost. adding another "paid" service just doesnt sound good
    practically speaking, how does the amazon stuff work? I thought you need their "player" to download and play or, if streaming, IE.

    do you need to download on a pc and then move the file over?
  15. jthep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    704 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Just let me use the bridge browser with AT&T free of charge and I will be really happy. And have it work properly too instead of dl speeds slower than dial up...
  16. mahen915's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    PIN
    Soon :D
    #16  

    Default

    I'm expecting some big announcements with RIM locking down big name apps and services that the Playbook really needs right now. Netflix, Hulu, etc would be HUGE like howarmat stated.
    You can't reason a person out of an opinion he didn't reason himself into.

    Find me on Twitter: @mahen915
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    practically speaking, how does the amazon stuff work? I thought you need their "player" to download and play or, if streaming, IE.

    do you need to download on a pc and then move the file over?
    amazon streams simlar to hulu basically. no app. you can purchase movies to watch but also if you have prime or have purchased movies you can stream them for free in some cases.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    leafs123 (04-27-2011) 
  18. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,782 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    amazon streams simlar to hulu basically. no app. you can purchase movies to watch but also if you have prime or have purchased movies you can stream them for free in some cases.
    I hate hijacking hreads but, here I go...

    I can get the streaming I need through HBOtoGo and MAXtoGo, I'm thinking about downloading and watching without a network connection (and I don't want to discuss torrents - before this hijacked thread gets hijacked), i.e. on a plane. Can amazon purchases transfer?
  19. Foreverup's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,864 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    amazon streams simlar to hulu basically. no app. you can purchase movies to watch but also if you have prime or have purchased movies you can stream them for free in some cases.
    yeah but can you watch streaming movies outside the US

    always my biggest problem with netflix
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    I hate hijacking hreads but, here I go...

    I can get the streaming I need through HBOtoGo and MAXtoGo, I'm thinking about downloading and watching without a network connection (and I don't want to discuss torrents - before this hijacked thread gets hijacked), i.e. on a plane. Can amazon purchases transfer?
    i think its all "cloud" based sine they have the cloud player too

    Quote Originally Posted by Foreverup View Post
    yeah but can you watch streaming movies outside the US

    always my biggest problem with netflix
    that i dont know
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat

Posting Permissions