My Xoom works fine.... I think alot of people who have issues have been loading apps that A drains the battery and B are incompatible for the Android 3.0. Honeycomb was brought out too early... But best believe it will end up being the best tablet OS on the market in a year... This is Google, they wont let this going on without fixing it.
    04-11-11 07:21 PM
    I have no desire to touch the Xoom in front of me. Laggy, crashes, and the screen is incredibly mediocre (washed out). When I had the iPad 2 I'd come home to it every day and enjoy using it every day.

The Playbook I've already fallen in love with before I had my hands on one. After I did get my hands on one I knew it was the one.

The iPad's like my wife, the Playbook my mistress, and the Xoom a cheap lay from the bar.
    So just so we are straight.......You are saying you like your mistress better than your wife, but both are better than a cheap lay...The iPad 2 is like your wife because you like to come home and "use" her everyday, however you knew your mistress was the the one after you got your hands on her.... Ok all clear now!
    04-11-11 07:22 PM
    My Xoom works fine.... I think alot of people who have issues have been loading apps that A drains the battery and B are incompatible for the Android 3.0. Honeycomb was brought out too early... But best believe it will end up being the best tablet OS on the market in a year... This is Google, they wont let this going on without fixing it.
    I run nothing in the background and close all apps, all the time. It is either honeycomb, or the xoom has duds and you if you look on other forums, there are duds. Still even IF the battery was fine in mine, the random crashing of honeycomb app, not 2.x apps, is sad. Yes, Google should have waited but I doubt they will dominate in a year.
    04-11-11 07:31 PM
    Google doesn't give a damn about Xoom now, they will just be concerned for Honeycomb and that's just it.
    04-11-11 08:15 PM
    Google doesn't give a damn about Xoom now, they will just be concerned for Honeycomb and that's just it.
    Bingo and my xoom feels like my htc hero, a dud and it won't get much more love. RIM will make the playbook and software, winning combination.
    04-11-11 08:29 PM
    Am a blackberry user always has always beeing... But in reality apple does make really good products they are now doing there products out of carbon fiber dam i wish rim would do that
    04-11-11 09:19 PM
    ??? Well if they are only concerned about "honeycomb" the software that is loaded onto the Xoom then it will get updated as I stated....

Honeycomb on the Xoom is darn near stock...
    04-11-11 09:36 PM
    Bingo and my xoom feels like my htc hero, a dud and it won't get much more love. RIM will make the playbook and software, winning combination.

HTC Hero has the "HTC sense" ui overlapping Android, whichs means one more obstacle for your phone to get updated... Vs the Xoom 98% percent stock Honeycomb, the other 2 percent is the stupid games they have loaded onto the thing.

Never the less.
    04-11-11 09:40 PM
    Yeah HTC sense was a big issue, but android even on stock devices, gets lost in updates. Droid devices, the first ones, don't get new updates and my friend has one. He roots his and it runs the new android os's fine, but will it get an official update? No, why I can't stand android.
    04-11-11 10:02 PM
    Thing with android in general (and the Xoom particularly) is that it suffers from the same problems as linux and the other open source stuff. If you want it to work really well, you need to be a total geek for it and be able to tweak it yourself.

Running modded roms and stuff make android a whole lot more reliable, a whole lot faster and just generally better. Also, when you are a geek for it, you get a feel for what drains battery, what eats ram... All that stuff.

If you aren't a geek, its just not a great idea, because you'll never figure out how to solve its problems.

Android is a proper nerds platform, and you need to be thinking about 3rd party roms maybe twice a month to get the most out of it.

Don't hate on the Xoom, hate on the companies who push out deeply imperfect software and assume that you'll know how to make it work properlly.
    04-12-11 08:53 AM
    Thing with android in general (and the Xoom particularly) is that it suffers from the same problems as linux and the other open source stuff. If you want it to work really well, you need to be a total geek for it and be able to tweak it yourself.

Running modded roms and stuff make android a whole lot more reliable, a whole lot faster and just generally better. Also, when you are a geek for it, you get a feel for what drains battery, what eats ram... All that stuff.

If you aren't a geek, its just not a great idea, because you'll never figure out how to solve its problems.

Android is a proper nerds platform, and you need to be thinking about 3rd party roms maybe twice a month to get the most out of it.

Don't hate on the Xoom, hate on the companies who push out deeply imperfect software and assume that you'll know how to make it work properlly.
    True. Had to swap to a modded rom on my Android powered Backflip, and it still drains the battery daily. As much as I want to love it, it still feels unfinished.
    04-12-11 01:01 PM
    I had considered the Xoom but will stick with my iPad until my hands on experience with the Playbook. I am going to help Demo the Playbook at a retailer so my time will long and often. My time will be trying to really work this thing hard to check battery and operation.

As for Playbook vs Xoom vs iPad2. Playbook will bring real competition to the iPad. I like some of Apples products. In fact owned the iPhone 4 for 3 weeks until returing it for the Motorola Atrix. I am a heavy user and get 12+ hours of the charger because of the 1930mAh battery. According the Blackberry I talked with yesterday the Playbook will easily compete battery wise with iPad.

As for the actual Xoom, I was deterred by an unpolished OS(Honeycomb). My Atrix has the same CPU 1.2GHZ Dual Core and 1GB of Ram. The market is bare on Honeycomb apps, in fact even apps that utilize Dual Core processors.

I like what RIM is doing. I messing with my Wife's Torch all the time installing apps and other things for her. OS6 is the best they have done. As a scorn Storm and Tour user my marks go deep. Any real fan of RIM can admit they had fallen behind but poise to make a push. Just look at the Dakota/Montana(I Believe) with Touch and Blackberry Keyboard. I will jump back with a nice OS running a 4" Touch screen.
    04-12-11 01:21 PM
    Ahh..but iPad owners don't want portability or flash...cos if they needed it then Steve Jobs would have given it to them ..right?

..........."STEVE JOOOOOBBBSSSSS"..................

04-12-11 01:55 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD