so I just bought a Playbook!! (Yay ME!! )

now I'm looking for a nice case. I want a convertible/portfolio style case and I want it in a purple color.

Most of the Blackberry branded convertible cases are black, and the 3rd party one ones I've see (online) in various colors look kind of cheap.

Anybody recommend a good case offered in different colors? Thanks!
    Last edited by shemaree09; 02-27-12 at 01:31 PM.
    02-27-12 11:41 AM
    Welcome! I was personally looking for a gem encrusted - Be Dazzled case like i've seen for the iphone, but also failed. Let me know if you find anything. The PB case, while boring, is of good quality.
    02-27-12 11:53 AM
    i have a black one from Tecknet currently fitted that does have a purple version availible, its a nice case that suffers from one small flaw, no cut out for the camera. but other than that... its a brilliant case. well made, high quality, and worth well more than the price unless your big into the camera.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-BLAC...bUvbUpU7182116

Cover-up do a slightly nicer one, its a lot thinner in profile and doesnt add too much to the overal width, but price is higher than tecknets offering.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-Bla...bUvbUpU7182116

a friend has this one (again in black) and i must say i prefer it to the Blackberry branded folio. solidly made, soft to the touch. looks sharp.

or.... for extra bling, the Blackberry envelope is also available in purple.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-P...bUvbUpU7182116
    shemaree09 and suzicat like this.
    02-27-12 11:54 AM
    You can customize the Portenzo case with choice of cover and interior colors:

https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDet...rry%20Playbook
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-27-12 12:01 PM
    thanks for the wonderful suggestions!!

that Portenzo Case looks AMAZING but its definitely out of my price range

I found this Cygnett Purple Case on Ebay for $19.99 + free shipping! It retails for $50!!

NEW Cygnett CY0466CBLAV Purple Blackberry Playbook Case | eBay

hopefully its really nice. I havent found any reviews, but from the pics on Cygnett's site, it looks really good

Lavish Earth - Tablet
    LMG1963 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:22 PM
    I have a purple leather convertible case, which I could customise if I wanted to....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...bUvbUpU7182511
    02-27-12 01:28 PM
    thanks for the wonderful suggestions!!

that Portenzo Case looks AMAZING but its definitely out of my price range

I found this Cygnett Purple Case on Ebay for $19.99 + free shipping! It retails for $50!!

NEW Cygnett CY0466CBLAV Purple Blackberry Playbook Case | eBay

hopefully its really nice. I havent found any reviews, but from the pics on Cygnett's site, it looks really good

Lavish Earth - Tablet
    The Cygnett case covers the bezel, so it may be a problem to do the bezel swipes. Be wary of this as I think a lot of cases were made before manufactures were aware of the bezel swipes. If they seem really cheap on Ebay, that is usually why. Also, if a listing doesn't show the case in an open position so you can see if the bezels are covered, avoid it as well.
    02-27-12 01:36 PM
    eBags has a small selection. One of the rooCase options comes with a stylus.
    02-27-12 01:42 PM
    Otterbox may be right up your alley.....
    JeffyPooh likes this.
    02-27-12 01:53 PM
    The Cygnett case covers the bezel, so it may be a problem to do the bezel swipes. Be wary of this as I think a lot of cases were made before manufactures were aware of the bezel swipes. If they seem really cheap on Ebay, that is usually why. Also, if a listing doesn't show the case in an open position so you can see if the bezels are covered, avoid it as well.

thanks
    02-27-12 02:07 PM
    I got a pink Case-Mate case for my 4 year old daughter's PB:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=S8UzqX7H
    02-27-12 02:11 PM
    Does anybody know where this purple Cygnett case can be purchased?

I checked their website and they only have the one that covers the bezel

Lavish Earth - Tablet

03-01-12 04:13 PM
    03-01-12 11:17 PM
    Does anybody know where this purple Cygnett case can be purchased?

Click to view quoted image

I checked their website and they only have the one that covers the bezel

Lavish Earth - Tablet

Click to view quoted image
    Hi that is my case and I got it at Winners in Canada. I think many of the ones online seem to have that bezel covered which totally sucks!
    03-01-12 11:29 PM
    Hi that is my case and I got it at Winners in Canada. I think many of the ones online seem to have that bezel covered which totally sucks!
    I know, I have the one that covers the bezel

What is Winners? Do they have an online store? Im in the U.S.
    03-02-12 10:27 AM
    What is Winners?

Home - Winners
    03-02-12 04:03 PM
    What is Winners?

Home - Winners
    Ah! I see. Thanks!

So its like a the TJ Maxx and Marshall stores we have here. Their merchandise varies so they dont have an online store.

I emailed the company about it, but I have received a response yet.
    03-02-12 04:11 PM
    I got my Hot Pink leather Envelope case on Amazon.ca and there is Purple on also. I'll post a link later.
    03-02-12 05:58 PM
    It makes me sad that the cases aren't as cute as the cases for IPad's. We are so limited on what we can choose from.
    05-20-12 06:21 PM
    It makes me sad that the cases aren't as cute as the cases for IPad's. We are so limited on what we can choose from.

Yeah, there are very few options. Especially in-store, you have to go online

But I've found the perfect girly purple case now so I'm happy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-20-12 06:55 PM
    i have a black one from Tecknet currently fitted that does have a purple version availible, its a nice case that suffers from one small flaw, no cut out for the camera. but other than that... its a brilliant case. well made, high quality, and worth well more than the price unless your big into the camera.

TeckNet BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 4G PU Leather Case For: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Cover-up do a slightly nicer one, its a lot thinner in profile and doesnt add too much to the overal width, but price is higher than tecknets offering.

Cover-Up BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet PC Leather Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

a friend has this one (again in black) and i must say i prefer it to the Blackberry branded folio. solidly made, soft to the touch. looks sharp.

or.... for extra bling, the Blackberry envelope is also available in purple.

BlackBerry PlayBook Leather Envelope - Purple: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    The Cover-Up case looks well made and the leather is beautiful, plus it's a stand. I'm going to order one but now I have to decide if I want red or purple.
    05-20-12 06:58 PM
    Melkco - The best selection of cases, holsters and accessories for Apple iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Note, BlackBerry, HTC One X, One V, One S, Tablets, ebooks and cellPhone Cases at Carrymobile.com Slimme Cover Type

Take a look at this. A little pricey but thin and practical. Bought one to try out but never got it. The wife intercepted it and it's now on her PlayBook. BTW, the cover has built-in magnet so the cover stays snugly closed. This is the only case I have found so far with this feature.
    Last edited by ninepbs; 05-21-12 at 02:05 AM.
    05-20-12 11:34 PM
    Did anyone else order this case?

Amazon.com: Cover-Up BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet PC Leather Cover Case (Version Stand) - Purple: Computers & Accessories

Mine arrived today but it doesn't fit well at all. It was hard to get the PlayBook in the case and it just looks too small. Also the case doesn't close fully. Think I'm going to return it.
    06-16-12 11:45 PM
    so I just bought a Playbook!! (Yay ME!! )

now I'm looking for a nice case. I want a convertible/portfolio style case and I want it in a purple color.

Most of the Blackberry branded convertible cases are black, and the 3rd party one ones I've see (online) in various colors look kind of cheap.

Anybody recommend a good case offered in different colors? Thanks
    shemaree09,
    Hey Girl! So your looking for something a little "girly" thang for you BlackBerry PlayBook? There is this little company that I work for called Vera Bradley Right now we have an eReader sleeve, You might want to look at these colors Boyseberry, Very Berry Paisley and then under the "Colors on Sale" Plum Petals. Coming this fall we are going to have a actually BlackBerry Case call VB next week (888) 855-8372 ask for Jerry (Yes I am a guy!) and I can give you all the details on this new case...

Be Colorful!
    Last edited by macbodock; 06-17-12 at 04:08 AM.
    06-17-12 04:02 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD