* A Kindle app for the Playbook? If/when I get a Playbook, I want to replace my Kindle because I don't need both.

* An MS Word doc compatible app? My main reason for getting a tablet is for being able to write on it (I'm a writer).
    02-12-11 07:56 PM
    * A Kindle app for the Playbook? If/when I get a Playbook, I want to replace my Kindle because I don't need both.

* An MS Word doc compatible app? My main reason for getting a tablet is for being able to write on it (I'm a writer).
    1.) Amazon announced practically the the day the PlayBook was announced they were bringing their Kindle reader to it.

Amazon bringing Kindle app to BlackBerry PlayBook, loves making Kindle apps -- Engadget

2.) RIM bought DataViz and there will be Word2Go, Sheets2Go, and Slides2Go which are compatible with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
    02-12-11 07:58 PM
    Word2go is one of the worst mobile word doc solution out there, IMHO. I really hope they did some significant rework on the software. Also, if RIM expects me to pay for pdf reader on playbook they are out of their mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 08:13 PM
    Word2go is one of the worst mobile word doc solution out there, IMHO. I really hope they did some significant rework on the software. Also, if RIM expects me to pay for pdf reader on playbook they are out of their mind.

There is always Zoho which is part of Google apps and it's free.
    02-12-11 08:19 PM

Really? I use it on my Bold and I like it well enough. I don't particularly enjoy writing on my phone, however, thus the desire to get a tablet.
    02-12-11 08:35 PM
    I'm sooooo bagging the kindle app. I must admit I'm resisting the crossover from print to electronic media- nothing more satisfying than seeing rows and rows of books in a home- but the new bride is anti-clutter and no matter what I suggest bringing home, the answer is we don't need it.

I figure the kindle is the answer to my delimma. I can have all the books I want now and them not take up anymore space than the playbook does.

02-13-11 05:28 AM
    Considering how closly Adobe and RIM worked together on this thing, I think Adobe Reader is a given.

02-13-11 09:52 AM
    I was going to say the same thing about RIM and Adobe working together and using the Adobe AIR. Also I think on some of the PlayBook screens I've seen Adobe Reader.
    Last edited by Daps; 02-13-11 at 11:01 AM.
    02-13-11 10:00 AM
    Yeah I swear I saw one of the demos, where they opened up a PDF file with Adobe Reader.
    02-13-11 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD