Hi,

Using mVideoPlayer for most of my video watching. I really like it, but one thing bugs me (slightly). Most of the feature films I have on my playbook get identified automatically, and it puts them in the 'Film' section of mVideo's content list, downloads the poster and puts a little synopsis of the film, which is really cool.
    However, most of the TV shows which I upload are not recognised, so rather than going into the TV section, they just get bundled into 'Others' and have no synopsis etc.

So to my question. Is there a way of manually editing eVideoPlayer's database for anything that isn't automatically identified, so that I can mark these videos as being TV shows so that they appear in the right place, and maybe add my own synopsis and even picture...

Thanks.

Chris.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-04-13 09:04 AM
    I'm not an expert, and actually I'm a little surprised that mVideo has that functionality, since I've never seen it. Nevertheless, I'll take a wild stab at this one. I doubt that the app is getting the media info from the videos title, but rather it's reading the tags associated with the video. I suspect that the movies that you transferred to your PB were ripped from DVDs using software that had the ability to attach the videos tags, while the TV shows that you loaded on your PB were originally downloaded from the internet without any tags associated with them. You can try adding tags to the TV shows to see if that helps. You can access and edit these video tags using Windows Explorer. Using your PC, find a video that you want to edit the tags on. Then, right click on the vid and choose properties, and then click the details tab. From here, you can edit the vid's tags.
    10-04-13 10:35 AM
    Does video bookmarks work for you?
    10-04-13 02:30 PM
    Hi,
    This is a later version of mVideo(4.0.3). The older version I had before did not do this. I think it does look up info on the Internet based on the file name and not tags though as I had to adjust the file name on a couple of films to make it work, plus one of the films is copied from a file on a dvr that was recorded from TV, so I doubt that would have any tags set up...
    Bookmarks don't work for me. It seems to create one, but if I close the bookmark dialog and reopen it, bookmark has disappeared...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-04-13 03:32 PM
    I'm still saying tags, and FWIW, DVR'd videos most likely do have tags associated with them, at least mine do.
    10-04-13 04:01 PM
    Hi,
    Bookmarks don't work for me. It seems to create one, but if I close the bookmark dialog and reopen it, bookmark has disappeared...
    Yeah same happens to everyone except pacoman but he has absolutely no idea why bookmarks only work for him.........
    10-05-13 03:08 AM
    Just to prove that it is possible. Sorry about the video quality.

10-05-13 09:21 AM

Photoshopped or VIDEOshopped!

That is so odd that if just works in your case. But, at least, we got to see the fickle finger of Pacoman!
    10-05-13 12:49 PM

Thats so weird, but did I just see two native browser icons?
    10-05-13 01:09 PM
    I actually have my own thread on this subject but I hate the word expert. This is a two syllable word ex being the first and spert being the second?

Now as all of us edificated members know Ex is always the UNKNOWN factor in an equasion,
    Spert as we also know is a drip under pressure!

Therefore any expert is just "An unknown factor, that's basically a drip under pressure"!

Please feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves while I go and sit quietly in the corner?
    ChrisMay likes this.
    10-05-13 01:21 PM
    Thats so weird, but did I just see two native browser icons?
    You did. One is the stock Browser app, the other is called Air Browser (not the file manager) that someone extracted , I think, from the BB10 development alpha, and which is essentially identical to the stock browser. I run the stock browser with java and flash enabled, and Air Browser with them disabled, and use one or the other depending on what I want to do. Essentially I've been doing the Fast Browser/Origami thing since before either were released.
    10-05-13 02:41 PM

1.- Funny.
    10-05-13 03:45 PM
    I'm still saying tags, and FWIW, DVR'd videos most likely do have tags associated with them, at least mine do.
    Naa, definitely based on the filename. Have been experimenting. If I rename (say) 'Avatar.mp4' to (say) 'Star Trek.mp4' then it changes the details to the incorrect ones. If I rename the file back again, then the correct information is returned...
    10-05-13 04:53 PM
    Where did you get that bookshelf wallpaper? Like it!!
    10-05-13 04:59 PM
    Where did you get that bookshelf wallpaper? Like it!!
    Someone posted it here a while back. Maybe look in the wallpaper subforum.

Naa, definitely based on the filename. Have been experimenting. If I rename (say) 'Avatar.mp4' to (say) 'Star Trek.mp4' then it changes the details to the incorrect ones. If I rename the file back again, then the correct information is returned...
    But if I rename an unidentified vid to Avatar or Star Trek, I get nothing. Try renaming one of you unidetified TV shows to Star Trek, and see what happens.
    10-05-13 06:03 PM
    Someone posted it here a while back. Maybe look in the wallpaper subforum.

But if I rename an unidentified vid to Avatar or Star Trek, I get nothing. Try renaming one of you unidetified TV shows to Star Trek, and see what happens.
    Hmm interesting, so you are saying that it won't identify anything on yours, even if you rename the file to a well know film (like Avatar.mp4). (maybe this is the price you pay for having working bookmarks...?)

Just to be clear. To make this work on mine, I have to go to the video information screen for the video. Press the 'menu' button (three horizontal bars in the top right corner of the screen) and select 'Identify Video'. Need to be connected to the internet for it to work.

I'll try what you suggest later, and report back.

EDIT:Just renamed some random tv program that I had copied to 'Jaws.mp4' and it was identified as that movie, so fairly convinced now that it uses filenames. Not saying it doesn't use tags too if they are available, but I don't think any of my files use them.. Would be interesting to hear results of experiments from anyone that has movie files with tags set up...

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 10-07-13 at 04:32 PM.
    pacoman03 likes this.
    10-07-13 03:25 AM

Just to be clear. To make this work on mine, I have to go to the video information screen for the video. Press the 'menu' button (three horizontal bars in the top right corner of the screen) and select 'Identify Video'. Need to be connected to the internet for it to work.
    Ok. That part works for me too. I never used it before. You had me wondering how, if it only used the vid title, how it would distinguish between Batman the movie and Batman the tv show. I now see how it does it, i.e., it doesn't. It gives you both choices and lets you choose the correct one.
    10-08-13 05:10 AM

Do .bkm files get saved to the folder where you have your video?
    10-19-13 06:34 PM
    Nope...................
    10-19-13 06:59 PM
    Do video bookmarks still work for you pacoman?
    04-27-14 10:14 AM
    Do video bookmarks still work for you pacoman?
    They do on my Kindle Fre HD, but not on my Playbook (since I last wiped it, I think).
    04-27-14 11:13 AM