Shop Blackberry exchange program (my PB can't stream and browser hangs) seems to take a while. Anyone have any experience? I have exchanged things from online shops here and there and this process seems long (I have yet to get an RA # or a phone call-email). I called on Tuesday.
    01-05-12 10:47 AM
    I have no info on exchanges, but have you tried adjusting your wifi settings to fix the problems? You may have the same problems with the new one. There is a common problem with wifi on some routers.
    01-05-12 11:56 AM
    If you can give us a little more info about your problem you are having with the PB someone here might be able to help you
    01-05-12 12:00 PM
    I don't think ShopBlackberry takes PlayBooks back if they are open. They hadn't in the past and the packing slip that came with my Playbooks I bought from them had a secific section on Playbooks not being returnable once open.

Your best bet is to call BlackBerry technical support. If they can't fix your problem over the phone, they will forward you to the repair department, which will offer to either repair or replace/exchange your Playbook for a new one. If you choose the express exchange, they will Fedex overnight you a new Playbook and you just put yopur old PlayBook in the box and either drop it off at a Fedex depot or call Fedex to pick it up. There will be no charger for this, but if you choose the express exchange, you will need to provide a credit card to ensure you return the old one.
    01-05-12 12:04 PM
    Call rim and open a support ticket.

I had the same issues and had an RMA done.. My playbook no longer has the wifi problem and best of all my power button is now raised and is easy to press. My old one was sunken in and required a pen to make it work.
    01-05-12 12:22 PM
    @kps88
    The Customer Service Department is first rate as far as I am concerned. I have returned and received a replacement for my bricked Playbook without any issue.

It took me 45 minutes on the phone with the Customer Service. This is not too bad, considering they spent the first 30 minutes trying to fix my problem over the phone and then decided to send me a replacement.

If you have time, you can read my post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-679363/
    01-05-12 03:44 PM
    I have no info on exchanges, but have you tried adjusting your wifi settings to fix the problems? You may have the same problems with the new one. There is a common problem with wifi on some routers.
    hi...yes i have tried everything except get a new router. i have a netgear wrn2000 that has never given me an issue with any other device. was on phone 3 hiurs on saturday with rim tech. they made all these changes...not only did it not fix my wifi issue but my other devices no longer worked. my blutooth also does not work. it paired to my phone but never connects. shop bb tech called nd had this report being set up. will c next step.
    01-05-12 07:15 PM
    I don't think ShopBlackberry takes PlayBooks back if they are open. They hadn't in the past and the packing slip that came with my Playbooks I bought from them had a secific section on Playbooks not being returnable once open.

Your best bet is to call BlackBerry technical support. If they can't fix your problem over the phone, they will forward you to the repair department, which will offer to either repair or replace/exchange your Playbook for a new one. If you choose the express exchange, they will Fedex overnight you a new Playbook and you just put yopur old PlayBook in the box and either drop it off at a Fedex depot or call Fedex to pick it up. There will be no charger for this, but if you choose the express exchange, you will need to provide a credit card to ensure you return the old one.
    they r looking into it. thx for information. my issue is slow browser, cannot connect to bluetooth, wifi streaming does not work. always hangs after 30-50 minutes. browser then stuck. hbo go, amazon, crackle....nothing works.
    01-05-12 07:24 PM
    Call rim and open a support ticket.

I had the same issues and had an RMA done.. My playbook no longer has the wifi problem and best of all my power button is now raised and is easy to press. My old one was sunken in and required a pen to make it work.
    i hope. love the pb otherwise. just frustrated.
    01-05-12 07:27 PM
    I am actually in the process of returning 2 device from work the we purchased on Shop BlackBerry. I was sent to this page PlayBook Technical Support Phone Number - PlayBook Help Phone All I have to say that unless you do an advanced exchange the process is long and a pain! The phone call took 1.5 hours for them to process 2 devices for RMA. One was a dead pixel which they made me take a picture of and send in, the other was because the green light would never turn off no matter what.

So phone call took 1.5 hours, I have no idea why I was not given the choice to do an advance return on a brand new device that has issues, but luckily this is for a work place where a few weeks does not matter. If it was a consumer that then had to wait 2 more weeks to use their PlayBook I would be pissed to be honest.

I was shipped 2 boxes from FedEx that were suppose to have pre-filled out packages for the return trip. Those return packages had issues as they were addressed to me not RIM. I have spent over 3 hours getting all the proper paper work and information setup to send back to RIM. Now they are in FedEx's hands. No idea where or how long the process is from here but so far I have spent 4.5 hours to return these items. And from what I have read it seems like they are going to try and repair the device not just swap it for a new one? Not a very good feeling to know you got something brand new and broken and they are going to fix it then send it back! I am not impressed so far to be honest.

RIM you need to make this painless not painful just a suggestion, I am an understanding consumer, to other consumers this would drive them off the deep end. If this was an iPad I would take it to the Apple store and within 30 minutes I would have a brand new device in my hands.

Just my experience so far!
    thanks for all the info. not sure next step. hope i dont have to go through what u did..but expect to
    01-05-12 07:32 PM
    @kps88
    The Customer Service Department is first rate as far as I am concerned. I have returned and received a replacement for my bricked Playbook without any issue.

It took me 45 minutes on the phone with the Customer Service. This is not too bad, considering they spent the first 30 minutes trying to fix my problem over the phone and then decided to send me a replacement.

If you have time, you can read my post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-679363/
    spoke with Bree...very nice tech support sr. she is actively looking into my issue. i expect it may b hardware issue since bluetooth also does not work.
    01-05-12 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD