I ordered it from Amazon uk thinking im getting a uk product, went on the tracking service and saw it's currently in New york?!? Should I return it without openning it?
    01-26-12 03:50 AM
    I dont understand the question but I think you shouldn't worry. there is only one version of the playbook.
    01-26-12 04:09 AM
    Other than the charger not really...
    01-26-12 04:41 AM
    Not quite the UK, but I have one here in Ireland and I can't see any downside.

It's a fantastic tablet though it is lacking somewhat in the apps dept.

I recently won a 64GB iPad and thought I would be impressed by it, I was all ready to give up my Playbook, but after an hour of using the iPad, I felt dirty and unclean and rather unimpressed so I gave it to a family member and stuck with the Playbook.

MJ
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-26-12 04:43 AM
    in the usa and it works perfectly back in the uk......and i LOVE it
    01-26-12 07:00 AM
    I ordered it from Amazon uk thinking im getting a uk product, went on the tracking service and saw it's currently in New york?!? Should I return it without openning it?
    Worry not!

Other than (probably) getting a US charger in the box - easily resolved with one of those travel adaptors - the Playbook is international. And, other than the initial charge, I'd put a rapid charger (either via dock or standalone inc. UK plug) on your shopping list as it will charge the Playbook much faster (<2hrs) than the one in the box.

The Playbook itself is region-free.

When you set-up, it'll ask you to enter your country/language/keyboard preference, and that's all there is to it.

There might be issues related to warranty - though the Playbook seems robust - but if push came to shove, as you've bought it from Amazon UK, I suspect RIM UK would still offer help.
    01-26-12 07:03 AM
    Wonder if amazon UK is no different then amazon here in the states? I'm going to assume not an in the UK it simply takes you to the UK version site. Amazon has a warehouse in New York that's all there is to it, and that warehouse is where your PB is coming from. That's like saying since RIM is a Canadian company, you cant use their products in the UK. Like others have said, only issue might be the charger, but seeing as you bought it from the UK site it should come with the compatible charger.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 07:11 AM
    Your playbook may be equipt with poor foreign policy and banking skills but should be ok other than that.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 07:44 AM
    Oh… I forgot to say, the final step of the setup is to download the latest version of the OS (your Playbook is likely to have shipped with an earlier OS) over the WiFi connection you specified earlier in the setup. That OS download will also pull in a few UK specific Apps (BBC iPlayer, etc) instead of the Apps the folks on the other side of the pond will get (Slacker Radio). So even though the Playbook hardware is region-free, the OS you’ll end up with will be slightly UK-specific. You’ll also connect to a UK version of AppWorld when you get that far.

I believe the UK version of the OS also includes an enlightened foreign policy App and enhanced banking Apps which may not be available elsewhere.
    01-26-12 08:48 AM
    I own a US version in the UK and have had no issues bar the minor inconvenience of the included US adaptor. Nothing a travel adapter cannot solve.
    01-26-12 09:31 AM
    It will be fine. The only thing you'll notice is that the gestures will have to be done backward from how you would normally do it and the ports on the bottom will be reversed for you since it's from the US.

Of course I'm kidding. I'll be fine with a charging adapter.
    01-26-12 09:41 AM
    and make sure you select UK English as Americans do not spell words correctly.....
    01-26-12 10:13 AM
    Works superbly in Nigeria i'm quite sure you'll have a better experience with it in the UK especially browsing via bridge with 3G networks that actually work! (in comparison that is)
    01-26-12 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD