i updated to os 2.0 used it made some apps installed apps for 2 days i used it running 2.0 turned the power on today and now it says 1.0.8.6067 why? i did not download this ? i dont get it .....
    01-20-12 06:45 AM
    Neither do we. Perhaps some punctuation, capitalization, and complete sentences would help?
    01-20-12 06:57 AM
    Lol Six months ago I didn't know what that meant, now I have two customers from the UK and get it. Good one!
    01-20-12 08:03 AM
    I will add that others have had that downgrade happen. I don't know if anyone has figured out why it occurs. Sign up for the beta again. (I have not tried the beta but know it can be flaky)
    01-20-12 09:15 AM
    Harsh people! What would be the motivation to lie? Thought this was a safe place to ask questions.
    01-20-12 09:37 AM
    You're sure it definitely upgraded to OS2? Maybe try the upgrade again
    01-20-12 09:58 AM
    porkpies ??????? theres a big motivation for a lie. ill see how long this user stays around.
    sounds more like a imoron trying to get back at us. read the apple forum section ull get it.
    if not then im sorry but i never heard of a playbook downgraded itself.
    if ur question is a honest one. try downloading it again. if it still does that id contact rim.
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 01-20-12 at 10:28 AM.
    01-20-12 10:24 AM
    Hey, folks, there have been other threads about spontaneous downgrades to the 1.0.8... OS. So, answer the question or back off!
    01-20-12 10:49 AM
    I have seen 5-6 threads like this but no explanation yet.
    Maybe I don't understand the particulars of software updates but it seems odd that it is possible in the first place. Is OS2 just an overlay on OS1? How can both OS's exist at the same time? I haven't seen anyone say they were forced to download anything.
    So if OS2 is really OS1 with changes then maybe something is corrupt in the OS2 files that make it unable to load? If this is how it's working now then that might explain the lower free memory on the beta.
    01-20-12 11:13 AM
    My Playbook nuked itself the other day and when I finally got it back on I had os 1.0.8 but with all my Android apps still there. Needless to say a wipe ensued.
    01-20-12 11:26 AM
    Hey, folks, there have been other threads about spontaneous downgrades to the 1.0.8... OS. So, answer the question or back off!
    Okay, but this same user stated that he did this on purpose just a couple of days ago in another thread I saw about sideloading android apps, but maybe this time it happened by accident or maybe he just forgot he did it, I'm just saying...
    Kinda hard to forget the username "porkpies" lol.
    01-20-12 11:59 AM
    ok im going to do it again i will update when im done for the 3rd time....
    if anyone has any useful info im listening..
    01-21-12 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD