I joined the forum recently stating that I would be receiving my 32GB Playbook and had some questions. Well, I ordered it through Amazon (which had it coming from Circuit City) on the 7th. It was supposed to be delivered between the 12th and 17th. Well, I received no tracking notice and didn't even know if it had been shipped. On the 17th, I contacted the seller (Circuit City) by phone and email and they can't seem to get ahold of the "manufacturer" for details, even though it was listed as being in stock. I'm not sure why I started this thread, but I sure feel better letting others know. I hope everyone is enjoying the new update. I'm not sure when I will be joining your ranks. Ken
    04-18-12 06:56 PM
    It's very frustrating to be excited about something and then have the deal fall through somehow. I think a lot of us have been there at some point. I know I have. Really dampens the excitement of a new toy.

Hang in there, though. It'll be worth it once you finally get your hands on one.
    04-18-12 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the sympathy. I really am feeling like I have been put on hold.
    04-18-12 07:15 PM
    I'm sorry. Hope things get sorted out & you're soon playing with the new update too.
    04-18-12 07:28 PM
    I had also ordered my Playbook through Amazon. I then discovered that they used two or three resellers for the Playbook.
    Usually there is no problem with Amazon backing, but the Playbook I received was a very early version.
    It may help to contact Amazon. Hope you get it soon.
    04-18-12 07:43 PM
    Hopefully I won't be sent a refurbished or faulty PB!
    04-18-12 09:21 PM
    Hopefully I won't be sent a refurbished or faulty PB!
    Hope this little fiasco gets sorted out soon, and I hope you enjoy your PlayBook when it does arrive
    04-18-12 09:23 PM
    i ordered a 64GB directly from BlackBerry last Monday, over a week ago, and had to call to find out what was going on as it was still on "inventory hold". not much info but the rep said he'll work on it and try to get expedited shipping can't wait to get a Playbook!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 09:37 PM
    Could it be that with the lower pricing the Playbooks are selling out and the sellers are having to go to RIM to get more? I'd hate to have to wait for more to be manufactured!
    04-18-12 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD