Anyone interested in the ANT+ capability of the PB? I use Garmin gps watches for working out and can download my workouts to my PC via a usb ant+ stick. I know apple units need an accessory to do this but with the PB having ANT+ capability, any idea if there is someway to activate it so workouts could be downloaded to Garmin connect as one does with a PC? Would be great for travel and one more reason that a laptop isn't necessary for travel. Any thoughts on this? App development interest? I would certainly pay for an app that allowed me to use the PB for ANT+ stuff.
    03-14-12 11:39 AM
    I would certainly be interested as I am currently using a Garmin Edge 305 which does not support Ant, but is is now over 4 years old and starting to give errors in data transfer via USB. It will need replacing soon.

I would just be happy enough if RIM would open up the file system to be able to upload gpx files from the web browser.
    03-14-12 11:46 AM
    ... any idea if there is someway to activate it so workouts could be downloaded to Garmin connect as one does with a PC? ... Any thoughts on this? App development interest? I would certainly pay for an app that allowed me to use the PB for ANT+ stuff.
    I've been watching this stuff for the last year, but unfortunately see no signs yet (as in by search the filesystem to see what sort of driver support they have, etc.) that RIM's got any support for it built into the software.

Without driver support, it's probably next to impossible for us to make use of the hardware support in the WiLink 7 chip, so I think it's unlikely this will happen until it makes it onto their radar screens.
    03-14-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD