So its the weekend again. That means I have time to go to best buy. And that means I'll get to play around with the other tablets and lament over the things my playbook is missing.
    Don't get me wrong. I did think that playbook had the most potential and hence I picked it up over the very bland Ipad or the buggy android tablet, but the expected wait for the upgrades is making me sad.
    I did get lucky as I did not have any issues with the device itself, but that also meant I couldn't make up any excuse and return it for something else. No wifi problem, no dead pixel its just a solid piece. But the disability to chuck those birds and smash those fruits is killing me.
    This is RIM's entry product to the tablet market,and it has the ability to have a major impact. So RIM, please hurry up and show us what you can do...
    04-30-11 10:36 AM
    give it another day or two - with blackberry world coming up and the 2-week return date (Tuesday) approaching for some retailers, I think RIM knows they have to release something!
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    04-30-11 10:37 AM
    And that means I'll get to play around with the other tablets and lament over the pthings my playbook is missing.
    Come on man .... thats pretty sad. The Playbook is what it is. Every device has its positives and negatives.
    04-30-11 10:58 AM
    give it another day or two
    Ah the mantra of us Playbook users eh. We seem repleat with being able to say: just wait; its coming; it should be there in a month or two or three; RIM's working on it; have patience. I wonder just how patient we will be six months from now when we still have a distinctly unprofessional operating system that is lacking even the most basic of features.

I like my Playbook and you couldn't pay me to use one of the other tablets on the market, but I get the frustration of the original poster's comment about what needs to be updated. I hope something happens at Blackberry World that will show the Playbook using community that RIM does indeed have a plan in place to see regular, timely, updates released to address the shortcomings of the Playbook. And this had better be exact time lines and not some nondescript promise that sometime, somewhere, the updates are coming.
    04-30-11 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD