Before anyone crucifies me for posting this, I searched and didn't find a relevant answer. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Long story short: Recently, Beloved PB is acting up and the power button is sticking, which is interfering with the ability to power on/off, even from the battery icon.
    Often it gets stuck in a virtual netherworld, neither on nor off, where the screen goes dark with faint vertical lines on it and it the icon can't be accessed. I end up having to press the power button four or five times to try to get it unstuck. If that doesn't work, I can sometimes reboot it by holding the power button down. Needless to say, this is worrisome and I'm not sure about warranty covering it. Purchased in February, was delivered the day OS 2.0 dropped and has been great - until now.

Suggestions? Workarounds? How to take it apart and fix it myself to avoid long phone queues and shipping it out?
    11-06-12 02:40 PM
    Shipping out took less than 5 days from the initial phone call and when it returned.
    11-06-12 05:20 PM
    RMA should not take more than a week and you risk blowing the warranty

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    11-06-12 05:48 PM
    I have had this problem for about 5 months (long out of warranty) but I really don't feel that it is a power button issue. I get the faint dancing vertical lines almost always whether booting up from shutdown or swiping to come out of standby. For that reason I don't believe that it's an issue with a sticky power button. I have a nasty suspicion that I used a power supply that was not OEM but a cheap knockoff. I actually experienced being able to bring my finger near the screen (not touching!) and the screen would distort. I of course would love to know a fix!
    11-06-12 06:02 PM
    I have had this problem for about 5 months (long out of warranty) but I really don't feel that it is a power button issue.
    The warranty on hardware is 1 year (12 months). However, BlackBerry PlayBook Support has been known to provide out-of-warranty coverage if you are polite and courteous when speaking with them.
    11-06-12 06:33 PM