I would like to know if anyone here has bought this case and would share your review of it.
    I like the idea of the 360 degree rotation. You could have the HDMI/USB at the top while charging, presenting or movie watching. It may also stand in portrait mode.

Please, I am not looking for a comparison to other cases unless they also rotate 360 degrees. I am aware of the dozens of other case threads, I just haven't come across this particular case on my Crackberry travels.

Thanks
    03-22-12 01:01 PM
    WOW, I like the look. It's different and it's LEATHER.....NICE . I don't have a review because this is my first time seeing this case.
    03-22-12 01:06 PM
    This case is awesome. But I've stayed with the journal case because it has that rubber inside which covers the whole device. I'd be nervous with something which left the edges so exposed. But I still may buy it, because the 360 swivel gives me access to my ports while I use it as a stand. Where and how much?
    03-22-12 01:34 PM
    That swivel is a pretty good idea. Largest problem with that style of case is normally the charging problem and the swivel fixes that.
    03-22-12 01:40 PM
    Looks pretty cool. Pretty good entry price @ $11.99 USD!!
    03-22-12 01:48 PM
    If it was labeled by a US company it would cost $40-50 easy...
    03-22-12 01:49 PM
    nice one planning to order next week
    03-22-12 01:50 PM
    FYI folks, PU leather is NOT genuine leather. What it is, is a ultra thin slice of leather that has been discarded because of its unsuitability for the manufacture of cheap shoes, or cheap furniture. To this wafer thin slice of leather is glued a polyurethane layer that is then embossed to look like the grain on genuine leather, since the leather base has no grain, is substandard, and allows the manufacturer to use the term PU leather. It is also called bicast and split leather.

Yes, you get the wafer thin remnants of some animal's hide (they never tell you what animal it is....manufactured in Asia, it's anybody's guess, and any guess is probably a correct guess), but what you have is an embossed plastic finish.

For $11.99, you take your chances, and you will get what you paid for. Buyer beware...better yet, be educated.
    03-22-12 02:03 PM
    FYI folks, PU leather is NOT genuine leather. What it is, is a ultra thin slice of leather that has been discarded because of its unsuitability for the manufacture of cheap shoes, or cheap furniture. To this wafer thin slice of leather is glued a polyurethane layer that is then embossed to look like the grain on genuine leather, since the leather base has no grain, is substandard, and allows the manufacturer to use the term PU leather. It is also called bicast and split leather.

Yes, you get the wafer thin remnants of some animal's hide (they never tell you what animal it is....manufactured in Asia, it's anybody's guess, and any guess is probably a correct guess), but what you have is an embossed plastic finish.

For $11.99, you take your chances, and you will get what you paid for. Buyer beware...better yet, be educated.
    You left out...
    "PU Leather was originally made for the shoe industry and recently was adopted by the furniture industry. The resulting product is cheaper than top grain leather and has an artificially consistent texture that is easier to clean and maintain."
    source - wiki

If it's durable enough for shoes then it will probably last a while as a tablet case.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-22-12 02:31 PM
    I hope people wouldnt be expecting high quality leather for $11 in the first place....
    03-22-12 03:01 PM
    And judging from the picture of the factory in the listing, you can rest assured there was not one smile during the manufacturing of your case. That guy keeping guard made sure of it.
    killa4luv likes this.
    03-22-12 03:11 PM
    I like this case and have been tempted to buy one for a while. What stopped me was the charging ports are not exposed when you close the case.
    03-22-12 03:26 PM
    For $12 plus $5 shipping, why not just order one and try it out yourself? If you don't like it, sell it or give it away, but for only $17 give it a shot. I have 4 cases already, but only 2 PBs (so far).

Edit: Then again, it might be a waste of money after reading the review by Tomcat_Alley below.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 03-22-12 at 04:12 PM.
    Sonshyne likes this.
    03-22-12 03:44 PM
    Got it
    Liked it
    Tired of it
    Replaced it

Doesnt stand up very well. and it doesn't close properly. if you place it down on its back the front flap sticks up like a recently read paperback book. you REALLY do need to use the elastic strap. its also thick. very thick. much thicker than it needs to be. and lastly, the stitching began to come apart on the corner.

if you dont mind your PB being a bulkier than it used to be< want to stand it up to use the ports but not to use it upright, and dont mind using the elastic strap everytime you open and close the case then its a pretty good buy. but for me, although i put off buying it for so long because of the price, the PB convertable case is still the champion in my eyes

EDIT
    This is the one i got, it looks like the same case.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...3ht_6943wt_952
    Last edited by Tomcat_Alley; 03-22-12 at 03:50 PM.
    03-22-12 03:46 PM
    03-22-12 04:06 PM
    ^THIS^ looks and sounds like a much nicer case with the same functions and I might consider giving it a try over the one in the OP.
    03-22-12 04:12 PM
    I wouldn't buy any case that covers the bezel.... and that does on all 4 sides....
    03-22-12 04:14 PM
    I wouldn't buy any case that covers the bezel.... and that does on all 4 sides....
    Yep, missed that, none of my cases cover the bezel and I forget that some do. Stupid design for a PB.
    03-22-12 04:57 PM
    You left out...
    "PU Leather was originally made for the shoe industry and recently was adopted by the furniture industry. The resulting product is cheaper than top grain leather and has an artificially consistent texture that is easier to clean and maintain."
    source - wiki

If it's durable enough for shoes then it will probably last a while as a tablet case.
    Call me a snob elitist, but I'd rather go barefoot and live in a house devoid of furniture before buying "leather" shoes and furniture from the Dollar Store or from a store that does oil changes.
    03-22-12 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD