my problem is when it comes to an android phone, 16gb is more than enough.. i used only about 8gb but when it comes to an iphone, 16gb is insufficient.. i manage to use up to 20gb out of the 32gb storage of my iphone..(both having same music library and similar apps) maybe iphone just got a lot of big games like dead space, nba elite, need for speed etc. but my droid got also a lot of apps.

so my question is, is playbook like an android device or an iphone when it comes to storing apps? i know dead space is available to playbook and i am planning to purchase it..

I plan to:
    not put HD videos/music (maybe ill put one HD movie at a time to view on our TV via HDMI, but thats all! i store all my movies on my laptop. and for the music, i have an iphone)
    put a lot of applications and games when the official android player comes out.
    put a lot of documents (excel, words, presentations) and some pictures.. about 1gb and planning to put more on the future. (office works)

to those who have tons of apps on there PB, are the apps exceeding 8gb?

sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

EDIT:
    by the way, money is a bit problem that is why i am asking this question here.. i can buy an 16gb anytime and i will save few more to get the 32gb.
    Last edited by irispen; 09-06-11 at 08:41 AM.
    09-06-11 08:36 AM
    so my question is, is playbook like an android device or an iphone when it comes to storing apps?...
    No... not at this moment... and if you will be unlucky like me, you cannot even purchase applications or games from BlackBerry PlayBook Apps World (Error ID: 10000)... don't why, but it seems that even RIM is clueless...

I would really suggest for you to wait the well awaited OS2 for PlayBook... it may change a lot or perspective about PlayBook... as they say, a lot good of things happens to those who wait patiently...
    09-06-11 09:44 AM
    I have a lot music on mine, about 8gigs and movies, about 5 gigs. I also store photo albums. I went for the 32gig because I figured I could afford it and it would provide adequate storage. 64g was more than I wanted to spend.

I have not gone for tons of apps yet.

I just looked and I have 22gig of stuff on mine in the folders I can see (docs, and pics and video and music, etc). The About/Hardware shows that I have 29.6 total storage and 1.9gigs free. So there's a "bunch" of stuff in various hidden files/folders like apps and the OS.

But since you have music on the phone, You may need less space. And if I start running low, I will remove videos/music and older photos.
    09-06-11 10:53 AM
    A lot of store are offering discounts on playbook, i would always recommend 32gb, as there is no sd card slot available.
    09-06-11 11:22 AM
    @irispen, it sounds like, given what you've said, 16GB will be sufficient, but the one caution I'd note is that we don't really know what the Android player will be like, so if using that is your primary purpose I think you should either buy the 32GB (just to be safe), or simply wait.

If it weren't for that, I'd say definitely 16GB for you, as "money is a bit of a problem". Videos are the main way to fill that up, and although games can take up a fair bit of space, generally you can just remove games you aren't using regularly, and reinstall from App World at a later time if you want them again. With videos, you have to spend the time copying them off or archiving them, so you'd tend to fill up a 16GB device with them

For the record, mine's 16GB.
    09-06-11 11:25 AM
    Get 64 for the price on 32.they have it at bestbuy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-06-11 11:26 AM
    id go 32 as you can always use that extra space down the road. but it sounds like you would be fine with 16. i love having the extra space for recording 1080 videos.
    09-06-11 11:33 AM
    I went with the 32 and it has worked great for me. Allows you to put a few movies on great when you travel and lots of music.
    09-06-11 11:39 AM
    I had the same problem myself,16gb or 32gb.In the end I bought the 32gb as it was only �80 more and I have bought it on a buy now pay later (6 months) deal.The extra cost vs running out of space a few months down the line made my mind up for me plus the price for the 64gb put it out of my price range.
    09-06-11 11:49 AM
    I also went for the 32gb version since I didn't want to run out of room with all the pictures I was going to load for work. Glad I paid a little more to get twice the storage.
    09-06-11 12:08 PM
    if you have a bb youll be able to file share at some point between the 2, so if youve got a 16-32gb card in that it would be fine to stick with just a 16gb pb and just use some files when bridged.
    09-06-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD