Hi

I have been experiencing this problem for a long time. Now that I have made an account here, about time I rant about it.

I have downloaded two files in total via Android apps (SkyDrive (not the version you see in the picture though) and BlackBoard Mobile Learn) on Playbook (OS 2.1, executed by android player or whatever). Since the first one, EVERY time I connect to a wifi network, those notifications (see attached picture) pop up. It just happens each time the device connects to a network. This is a bigger nuisance for me than it seems. I happen to be in and out of wifi zones during most of the day. So every time I wanna use my playbook it's there, not to mention the red light (yes, I know I can turn the light off, but that's not the point).
    Annoying notification for items downloaded through Android apps on Blackberry Playbook-img_00000146.jpg

Is there a way to make this stop for good? Can I at least delete something in the memory to make Playbook not even remember the download?
    Deleting the downloaded file does not help. Deleting the apps that downloaded those does not help. I have tried both.
    Can't search the root directories to find any traces of those files, I have tried almost all file managers, they freeze if I attempt to search the whole device. I can't go up the "/accounts/100/shared" folder via computer. So if you know where the traces are, please tell me the whole directory. If you can tell me how to make this problem not occur in future, that would be even more helpful.

Thank you.
    08-01-13 02:53 AM
    Full wipe and reload?
    Hi

I have been experiencing this problem for a long time. Now that I have made an account here, about time I rant about it.

I have downloaded two files in total via Android apps (SkyDrive (not the version you see in the picture though) and BlackBoard Mobile Learn) on Playbook (OS 2.1, executed by android player or whatever). Since the first one, EVERY time I connect to a wifi network, those notifications (see attached picture) pop up. It just happens each time the device connects to a network. This is a bigger nuisance for me than it seems. I happen to be in and out of wifi zones during most of the day. So every time I wanna use my playbook it's there, not to mention the red light (yes, I know I can turn the light off, but that's not the point).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000146.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	188025

Is there a way to make this stop for good? Can I at least delete something in the memory to make Playbook not even remember the download?
    Deleting the downloaded file does not help. Deleting the apps that downloaded those does not help. I have tried both.
    Can't search the root directories to find any traces of those files, I have tried almost all file managers, they freeze if I attempt to search the whole device. I can't go up the "/accounts/100/shared" folder via computer. So if you know where the traces are, please tell me the whole directory. If you can tell me how to make this problem not occur in future, that would be even more helpful.

Thank you.
    08-01-13 03:10 AM
    No need to wipe and reload. Go and find an app called Quick App Manager. It is an android port. You can go and find the offending file download and delete it. There is another way using Ghost Commander file manager, but gould never figure it out properly.
    Remian8985 likes this.
    08-01-13 03:22 AM
    Hi, if you look at his thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-703309/

and look for the post by Sifjar he shows how to use Ghost Commander or Quick App Manager to get rid of annoying Android notifications. I've had to do it a couple of times.
    Good luck!
    Remian8985 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:28 AM
    Full wipe and reload?
    lol. A little too hardcore, no?

----- ----- -----

No need to wipe and reload. Go and find an app called Quick App Manager.
    Hi, if you look at his thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-703309/
    and look for the post by Sifjar he shows how to use Ghost Commander or Quick App Manager to get rid of annoying Android notifications
    Good luck!
    Thank you both I didn't think it could be this easy, so dumb.
    Anyways, Can I prevent this from happening in future?
    08-01-13 11:39 AM
    lol. A little too hardcore, no?

----- ----- -----

Thank you both I didn't think it could be this easy, so dumb.
    Anyways, Can I prevent this from happening in future?
    I don't think you can avoid it if the downloads don't complete or possibly if android was involved. But as you now know it may be annoying but it can be solved.
    08-01-13 02:44 PM
    yea deleting them through quick app manager is good enough for me
    08-01-13 03:24 PM
    Quick App Manager worked flawlessly. Thanks for the post.
    12-09-13 08:20 PM