I had just started up the Android Player and a TabletOS notification popped up telling me that there was an update for the Amazon Appstore.

I thought it was interesting and that i'd share
    07-29-11 12:51 PM
    great to see, now if Rim would just make the player official!
    07-29-11 01:26 PM
    That's really cool that they've tried to make it as seamless as possible. But I dunno... still kinda put off by the fact that it's just android and then u gotta open up programs within android. I wish they could somehow hide all of that and have android running in the background so that it wasn't so rough around the edges.
    07-29-11 01:49 PM
    That's exactly what RIM intends to do. You would download the android app from App World and launch the android app like any other app. The only difference is that the app would load in the android player, but it would be seamless.

If you haven't seen a demo of what is to come, check this out:
    07-29-11 02:19 PM
    If only they would do it already
    07-29-11 02:21 PM
    It's close... I can feel it.
    07-29-11 02:36 PM
    It's close... I can feel it.
    mmmm...the force is strong in this one.
    07-29-11 03:40 PM
    I feel like they are probably focussing on controlling the amount of ram the app player uses so you can actually run simultaneous android apps because at the moment (with the old version most of us have installed, the app player uses a lot of ram and when you try to open other programs they are sometimes forced to close. Lets say for example there is IM+ on app player we wouldn't want to close it to use a different program we'd want to stay logged in and use different apps.
    07-29-11 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD