Since there are so many threads asking whether Android Player is officially part of the upcoming update, here is a proof it is. See the video at 5:10 and on.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Edit: To all commenters saying it's old news as Android Player has been part of the BETA OS 2.0:

I don't know if you ever read stuff on this forum but people have been going nuts because Android Player was not on the list of features in the official Press Release and was not mentioned in the review videos on Crackberry homepage. Many feared that Android Player will not make it to the official release. I am too lazy to quote all such posts. There are too many of them.

Anyway, you are welcome
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-10-12 at 07:47 PM.
    01-10-12 07:01 PM
    Lol wow really?

I've been using the Android player for like 2 months now on OS2 beta
    You're probably the only one who didn't know about it
    01-10-12 07:17 PM
    Lol wow really?

I've been using the Android player for like 2 months now on OS2 beta
    You're probably the only who didn't know about it
    I know it's part of the BETA OS 2.0. But if you read other recent threads and posts, people are asking whether it is part of the OFFICIAL February release. Many complain that it hasn't been mentioned in the press release or the videos on the CrackBerry homepage. Duh....

You are the only one who doesn't read other threads before jumping into writing something like ^^^^
    pmccartney and 8230 like this.
    01-10-12 07:20 PM
    Since there are so many threads asking whether Android Player is officially part of the upcoming update, here is a proof it is. See the video at 5:10 and on.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    where is the prove?? those are only words, i think they lie to us again!! dont get me wrong, i own a playbook myself, but i was waiting more for the android player and they have not even mention nothing about it. i dont care about native email, i got a bb phone so that does not change anything for me.. bunch of liars RIM!!!!
    01-10-12 07:20 PM
    where is the prove?? those are only words, i think they lie to us again!! dont get me wrong, i own a playbook myself, but i was waiting more for the android player and they have not even mention nothing about it. i dont care about native email, i got a bb phone so that does not change anything for me.. bunch of liars RIM!!!!
    Well, it's as much of a proof as it is for the native email, calendar, etc. I highly doubt that RIM will drop the ball again as it will simply be the last nail in the coffin for RIM as it will create a huge PR disaster.
    Vee_G likes this.
    01-10-12 07:25 PM
    I like cookies.
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 07:28 PM
    i love lamp
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 07:31 PM
    Geez guys you can't fault anyone for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 07:33 PM
    Well, it's as much of a proof as it is for the native email, calendar, etc. I highly doubt that RIM will drop the ball again as it will simply be the last nail in the coffin for RIM as it will create a huge PR disaster.
    Yes but they still won't be happy. When O22 is delivered and its more fabulous than they ever imagined they will still say "Too little, too late! I gave up waiting for [insert miscellaneous bell or whistle here] and sold my PlayBook for a tenth of what I paid for it. I used my cash to buy a [insert miscellaneous device here]. RIM == FAIL!".
    01-10-12 07:34 PM
    Whatever, guys. I don't know if you ever read stuff on this forum but people have been going nuts because Android Player was not on the list of features in the press release and was not mentioned in the review videos. Many feared that Android Player will not make it to the official release. I am too lazy to quote all such posts. There are too many of them.

Anyway, you are welcome
    01-10-12 07:36 PM
    Take a deep breath Canito. It will be there.
    01-10-12 07:36 PM
    Yes but they still won't be happy. When O22 is delivered and its more fabulous than they ever imagined they will still say "Too little, too late! I gave up waiting for [insert miscellaneous bell or whistle here] and sold my PlayBook for a tenth of what I paid for it. I used my cash to buy a [insert miscellaneous device here]. RIM == FAIL!".
    It will never be good enough for some. Fortunately crackberry gave us this
    Hopefully someday it will bake bread because this new bread maker is driving me nuts. I did however get my first loaf to stand up on its own.
    hpjrt and BuzzStarField like this.
    01-10-12 07:46 PM
    It will be there. I just don't think you'll hear it referred to as the Android Player. I think RIM wants it to be transparent to users whether they are running an Andriod app or a native Playbook app. The Android player is more of a behind the scenes tool designed to make switching between apps (native or Android) seemless and unnoticable.

In the press release, there was a statement about thousands of more apps available. I think that is as close a reference to Android Player as you'll hear. Also, keep in mind that the Android Player is just that - a player - and not a complete installation of any specific version of Android. RIM wants all apps for the Playbook downloaded via App World. Unless your device is rooted, then don't expect to see the Android Market on your Playbook.
    01-10-12 07:54 PM
    Oh man... Go take a lude, have a sauna or a hot tub, grab a beer and watch this. Around 5:12 your query is answered once and for all. Please do not call people liars my good man. SMH...
    Viddler.com - BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 hands-on - Uploaded by engadget

Oops... noticed it's the same video... Ha ha... Thanks OP! Anyway my tude stands... Relax.
    Last edited by canuckvoip; 01-10-12 at 08:23 PM.
    01-10-12 08:19 PM
    http://http://us.blackberry.com/play...t/#!tabletAppsBlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet PC - The New RIM PlayBook - BlackBerry Pad

Folks, Please see the BlackBerry web site....

Ultimate apps for the ultimate tablet
    Discover a whole new world of powerful apps built and optimized for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Plus run many of your favorite apps for BlackBerry smartphones and Android. All available in BlackBerry App World™.
    gschep likes this.
    01-10-12 08:29 PM
    It will never be good enough for some. Fortunately crackberry gave us this
    Hopefully someday it will bake bread because this new bread maker is driving me nuts. I did however get my first loaf to stand up on its own.
    Can the loaf walk though?
    01-10-12 09:04 PM
    It will be there. I just don't think you'll hear it referred to as the Android Player. I think RIM wants it to be transparent to users whether they are running an Andriod app or a native Playbook app. The Android player is more of a behind the scenes tool designed to make switching between apps (native or Android) seemless and unnoticable.

In the press release, there was a statement about thousands of more apps available. I think that is as close a reference to Android Player as you'll hear. Also, keep in mind that the Android Player is just that - a player - and not a complete installation of any specific version of Android. RIM wants all apps for the Playbook downloaded via App World. Unless your device is rooted, then don't expect to see the Android Market on your Playbook.
    they will be download from app world but play on a android player!!!! and they have not mention the player.. so whats going on??? another lie?? i hope they dont but seems to me it will happen again, trust me if they do have the player ready they would show it already(chek old youtube videos when they did show it without a problem, RIM app manager or whatever) they did show imdb,drums and a few more things,and they even mention android player troug their mouth!
    01-10-12 09:16 PM
    they will be download from app world but play on a android player!!!! and they have not mention the player.. so whats going on??? another lie?? i hope they dont but seems to me it will happen again, trust me if they do have the player ready they would show it already(chek old youtube videos when they did show it without a problem, RIM app manager or whatever) they did show imdb,drums and a few more things,and they even mention android player troug their mouth!
    Flogging a dead horse will not make it any deader. But it is an awful thing to look at. Please stop being cruel. Just stop. Thank You
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-10-12 09:26 PM

Because android = google. If ford suddenly had to put gm 5.7 liters in there mustang, you think they would advertise it? This is marketing 101 and not rocket surgery! Wait what?
    Last edited by zorecati; 01-10-12 at 09:31 PM.
    01-10-12 09:27 PM
    Buddy... Did you watch the video from today at CES? This is what will ship!
    They don't want to call it the Android player anymore OK? They just want to have more apps and not "mention" where they originally came from OK?
    They don't want to call the OS BBX anymore either, does that make the OS non-existant or a lie?
    Relax man... have a cookie.
    01-10-12 09:32 PM
    finally a blinking LED, bout time.
    rimdiculous likes this.
    01-10-12 10:35 PM
    Not yet. Expected later this year.
    01-10-12 10:51 PM
    finally a blinking LED, bout time.
    The blinking LED is not something I was waiting for.
    In the beta the option is there for LED or glow or both. It's nice to see people that want the LED can have it though.
    baddad61 likes this.
    01-10-12 10:55 PM
    Buddy... Did you watch the video from today at CES? This is what will ship!
    They don't want to call it the Android player anymore OK? They just want to have more apps and not "mention" where they originally came from OK?
    They don't want to call the OS BBX anymore either, does that make the OS non-existant or a lie?
    Relax man... have a cookie.
    dude dont try to he too funny with me... trust me if you know me i do defend rim more than anyone on here!!! you are open your mouth without even knowing, they dont call it bbx no more because they dont want to.. s because they can not!!
    01-11-12 06:52 AM
    Doesn't knead the exercise. It just gets baked and loafs around.
    Chaddface and mithrazor like this.
    01-11-12 07:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD