I am not very tech savy, but I have tried my hand at sideloading apps. I even went through the tutorial on how to sign my own apk to bar files. But, before I got the signing key, for some stupid reason I decided to install a non-signed bar file I made. Ever since then, my android player opens, sometimes I can get a minute or two on the app before it closes. Usually without a "force shutdown or wait" option screen.

I have tried on 3 different computers to backup my playbook to no avail. I want to back it up, and do the security wipe and reapply the backup.

So three questions from this:

1. Is there a way to remove apps that I have sideloaded that do not appear on the Playbook home screen?

2. Anybody have a solution to backing up my playbook? (Again, I have had BB Desktop software added - newest version - to three different computers that does not accept the backup!)

3. Do you think it is better to load an android launcher or just use the native launcher in the playbook?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jimduba.blogspot.com
    03-16-12 07:25 AM
    There is NO Android Launcher or such anymore that will work. Android is BUILT-IN.

You can try ddpb to UNinstall. Version 1.0.8 (I have heard issues with 1.0.9) has an UNinstall function.

Barring that, you can do a Security Wipe (or Debrick). I manually backup my data (music, photos, video, docs, etc) to my computer. You will lose settings so copy or ScreenShoot special settings (for me that was how to set a static ip address). Apps will be downloaded again from appworld.

Others may have additional ideas.
    03-16-12 10:26 AM
    cool thank you very much. I had enough and just did the security wipe but I will get that version of DDPB installer. Thanks again.
    03-16-12 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD