Well, since the os update (I love it) I'm searching and finding the way to get all my PlayBook potential, thanks to the Adam Zeis post about sideload android apps, I found pulse a great resource reader, I downloaded it, installed and reader some geeky news, after some time I got a notification on the playbook and it was from pulse app, really cool android feels like home on playbook haha, I just have to say playbook rocks!!!!
    ericlc2 and missing_K-W like this.
    02-22-12 05:50 PM
    +1 added kindle + words with friends + whatsapp, i am complete now, only thing missing is bbm groups!
    02-22-12 05:58 PM
    I must admit the Android player does indeed run flawlessly. One of RIM's strategic goals is to have the best Android runtime on the market. This may appear to be a grandiose statement, however the truth to this is founded in reality. For the simple truth that Android is a commodity, and OEM'S have to treat it as such.

Androids biggest threat is Android itself between OEM'S. A lack of optimization comes at the expense of OEM'S having to find compromises in order to get to market ASAP...You see this with performance issues on quad core beasts that should be as fast as lightning but aren't. RIM isn't subject to this, hence why we see such high optimization in the Android player.

Many Android Devs around the net were raving about the conversion process. What was even more impressive was the comments made towards how good and powerful RIM's native tools were.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-22-12 06:06 PM
    I must admit the Android player does indeed run flawlessly. One of RIM's strategic goals is to have the best Android runtime on the market. This may appear to be a grandiose statement, however the truth to this is founded in reality. For the simple truth that Android is a commodity, and OEM'S have to treat it as such.

Androids biggest threat is Android itself between OEM'S. A lack of optimization comes at the expense of OEM'S having to find compromises in order to get to market ASAP...You see this with performance issues on quad core beasts that should be as fast as lightning but aren't. RIM isn't subject to this, hence why we see such high optimization in the Android player.

Many Android Devs around the net were raving about the conversion process. What was even more impressive was the comments made towards how good and powerful RIM's native tools were.
    Yes! Playbook native is powerfull! im trying to head my company to the playbook developing, i think is a great opportunity to do big things
    missing_K-W likes this.
    02-22-12 06:22 PM
    The only downfall is the limit of 1 android app window. If they can allow multiple windows and not kill the memory it will be truly awesome
    sf49ers, ericlc2 and missing_K-W like this.
    02-22-12 06:26 PM
    The only downfall is the limit of 1 android app window. If they can allow multiple windows and not kill the memory it will be truly awesome
    I'm sure this is possible. Might just require a lot of engineering on RIM's part. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring more flow. It would also be nice if they opened up more supported API's
    02-23-12 09:18 AM
    Which version of Whatsapp are you using and it works ok?

Thanks,
    R...

+1 added kindle + words with friends + whatsapp, i am complete now, only thing missing is bbm groups!
    02-23-12 09:36 AM
    Well, since the os update (I love it)thanks to the Adam Zeis post about sideload android apps
    Do you have a link to this post?

TIA
    02-23-12 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD