Is there a way to make Android Gallery visible from the homescreen as an app I could open normally like the default "pictures" app for the playbook? If that is possible could you please let me know because that would just complete my Playbook ......Thanks in advance
    08-28-12 07:24 PM
    Yes find or convert Android Gallery. Side load Boom Done

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 07:31 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I'm yet to figure out how to convert and sign
    08-28-12 07:32 PM
    It may or may not be that easy, especially if you're running beta 2.1. The Gallery app is already on your PB as part of the android runtime. Also part of the runtime is Android Email, and I sideloaded Email and originally it put an icon on my desktop that would open the app. However, when I updated my OS to the latest beta, the icon no longer would launch the app. Deleting it and reloading the app didn't solve the problem, so sideloading Gallery may not give you a working icon on your desktop. You can access Gallery, at least, through Ghost Commander under applications. FWIW, though, Gallery has never seen all the pics in my pictures folder.
    08-28-12 07:56 PM
    I have 2.1 and the Android gallery application I sideload works, launches, works and also launches.

If you don't have any signing keys you can use a website called apk to bar or something like that and it will convert it for you. Good luck.
    08-29-12 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD