Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
Like Tree11Likes
  1. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Did you add any new apps, either from appworld or sideloaded ones? Did you maybe add a bunch of files (data) to the pb, that may be using more of its memory or storage.

    When you say you "wiped" your tablet - what did you do? Did you totally REinstall the OS using the Desktop software or merely use the Security wipe options.

    I'm also reluctant to go that step at restoring a 64 gig pb takes a long time.
    Ok...I may be a noob in blackberry world, but I thought security wipe is the COMPLETE wiping procedure...? So you can wipe on Blackberry Desktop Manager as well? Is that even MORE complete? I'm tempted to try if so..but Security wipe option on Playbook made it delete EVERYTHING even on my internal storage, and after wiping finishes, it starts the set up program, and It's like fresh start up, where I need to re download the newer firmware, and everything..

    Please let me know the difference.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: and I want to mention that I security wiped my playbook at LEAST 5 time already just because of this problem, so I'm really reluctant to do it again if it most likely won't help me..

    But still opinions are VERY welcome!!
  2. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,119 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Have you sideloaded any apps (as F2 asked but you didn't answer), and if so, which ones? It's possible that one bad app is causing your problems. After wiping your PB, did you restore from a backup or did you reinstall all or your apps and media? If you restored from a backup, you just may be reinstalling the app or files that are causing your problems. What have you done to try and narrow down the problem, if anything?
  3. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Have you sideloaded any apps (as F2 asked but you didn't answer), and if so, which ones? It's possible that one bad app is causing your problems. After wiping your PB, did you restore from a backup or did you reinstall all or your apps and media? If you restored from a backup, you just may be reinstalling the app or files that are causing your problems. What have you done to try and narrow down the problem, if anything?
    Ok, sorry I forgot to answer that. But I actually mentioned about that in my previous posts last time. As I mentioned I've security wiped more than 5 times, and one time, I wiped, what I did was download only 2 android apps from app world (did not restore ANYTHING), which were Dolphin and Wunderlist, I think. And the problem was STILL there. Black screen sometimes on android apps, and if few other native apps are open, android apps sometimes closes by itself. So nope, I have this problem even when I did not sideload anything, and even right after I wipe it. So I really don't understand. Is Android run time managed my RIM in server or something? If so, they may have changed something, but I doubt it..because I was not having this problem few weeks ago, but now I can't get rid of this problem, even after I wipe multiple times..
  4. #29  

    Default

    The Debrick process not only WIPES the pb but it also erases and REinstalls the OS. Some folks think it is the "be-all-and-end-all" for really cleaning up the pb. It really is no worse than the security wipe as far as having to reinstall apps and millions of gigabytes of data.

    Try the Debrick method....

    Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

    1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
  5. #30  

    Default Android apps opens but while loading...crashes, but after reboot, works perfectly fine..but not long

    Mmm
    Grab my app Overload - floats around on here somewhere.

    Use it to reset the Android layer when you have problems. Not a solution but a great bandaid.

    When my PB/Dev Alpha freezes from Android, a reboot always fixes it. But Overload should reinit the android for u

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
  6. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    The Debrick process not only WIPES the pb but it also erases and REinstalls the OS. Some folks think it is the "be-all-and-end-all" for really cleaning up the pb. It really is no worse than the security wipe as far as having to reinstall apps and millions of gigabytes of data.

    Try the Debrick method....

    Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

    1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    So I'm supposed to click on Update? I don't know how Debrick works, but I followed your steps, and it says update .1088 is available. So I said download. But is it actually wiping the tablet?? I don't understand..

    Thanks.
  7. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KermEd View Post
    Mmm
    Grab my app Overload - floats around on here somewhere.

    Use it to reset the Android layer when you have problems. Not a solution but a great bandaid.

    When my PB/Dev Alpha freezes from Android, a reboot always fixes it. But Overload should reinit the android for u

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    I'll try that after I debrick. I don't want it to just use an app to solve it temporarily. I want it to fix it for quite a long time, if not permanently. So if debrick does not help, I'll try your app!

    Thanks..
  8. #33  

    Default

    It sounds as if it is perking along. Good luck. I do hope it becomes a long term fix for your device but NO promises. I did not build this system Rim did and they could have done a better job on the Android Player.
  9. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    I aint even opened my PB yet I got all my accessories ready for unboxing and plug and play.I always knew by instinct that I was not going to sideload anything it would just cause problems in long run.Still think RIM have done it on purpose its just a bait tactic to force devs to move and port over properly and have it fully functional on a PB/BB.WIth some successful sideloading devs probably saw the numbers and hunger for their apps by PB users and will probably think damn cross platfoming is much more profitable.Add BB10 round the corner.

    Anyway good luck to solving it fella for me RIM's playing advance chess out here this sideloading was just another tactical attack.
  10. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  

    Default

    Okay..

    Debrick didn't help with the android player. I did the same thing by downloading the two android apps from app world, dolphin and wunderlist. But as I kept switching between those two and 2 other native apps, the android player kept flashing black screen, and Wunderlist even displayed Dolphin, right beside the actual dolphin window. And I could scroll through the page in the dolphin IN WUNDERLIST WINDOW! It's freakin weird and annoying. I hope you know what I mean..

    Next was to try Overload app, and after using that app, It seems to be better actually. I do still see black screen flashing within android app windows when I swipe up, but not as unstable as before. And android apps don't seem to close when up to about 5 apps are open, but I was just testing out and opening like 10 apps including 2 android apps, and I had about 120mb ram left. But as soon as I opened one more native app, and I swiped again, both of the android apps were gone. They just closed. Is this normal?? Does this happen to you guys as well??

    But it seems more stable that when fewer apps are open, the android apps are still there, without closing, and without becoming black windows, even though they flash black sometimes.

    Could you guys please reply back to me if your android apps close by itself too if a lot of apps are open?

    Thanks..
  11. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

    Default

    I don't know if I'm starting to become crazy and think this is normal...but could someone please reply to be for my previous post?

    Thank you..
  12. #37  

    Default

    The Android app I use the most is Words With Friends. When switching to it from another app, sometimes I get a Black screen. I also tend to get quite a few "close or wait" prompt boxes and Close is the best choice as Wait usually resolves nothing. Occasionally, I will see what I'd call a Ghost - when I switch between Android apps - the "other" android app's image is briefly displayed in "another" android app's window, quickly to be replaced by the right one. In other words, as I wrote above, the Android player could be better but it may also be that my device is quite packed and could use a thorough cleaning - meaning a full wipe but the tedium of that deters me.

    Others may have smoother reports. It may depend on which Android apps, how many, sideloaded or official.

    Oh, and being crazy is a "normal" sign of using technology. Firefox locks up, Flash does not work well on my 64bit vista, and the ibm360's I programmed ages ago would halt (abort, restart, retry or whatever the then message was) quite regularly after running my 6 hour job ALMOST to completion! Maybe that's why I like hiking in the wilderness (occasionally accompanied by my Kindle).
  13. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,119 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Are you really complaining that when you have ten apps open, when you try to open an 11th app, your PB force closes two android apps? I think that you're asking a bit too much from your Playbook. Why do you ever need to have ten apps open at once?
  14. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Are you really complaining that when you have ten apps open, when you try to open an 11th app, your PB force closes two android apps? I think that you're asking a bit too much from your Playbook. Why do you ever need to have ten apps open at once?
    Please, I'm not saying that I need 10 apps open. I need to figure out if other people are having the sample android player issue as I am. If everyone's having this problem, then I will not complain of course, but if it's just me (and also F2 above), then there is a serious issue with my tablet, but cannot figure out what. Could you please test it for me?

    Another good thing to test is when you have 2 native apps open first, then you open one android app. It's fine until then. Now open just one more android app. Wait till it loads, and swipe up to see open apps. Now, if you have the other android app you opened previously as black screen, then you have the same problem as I do.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks..
  15. sw6lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    The Android app I use the most is Words With Friends. When switching to it from another app, sometimes I get a Black screen. I also tend to get quite a few "close or wait" prompt boxes and Close is the best choice as Wait usually resolves nothing. Occasionally, I will see what I'd call a Ghost - when I switch between Android apps - the "other" android app's image is briefly displayed in "another" android app's window, quickly to be replaced by the right one. In other words, as I wrote above, the Android player could be better but it may also be that my device is quite packed and could use a thorough cleaning - meaning a full wipe but the tedium of that deters me.

    Others may have smoother reports. It may depend on which Android apps, how many, sideloaded or official.

    Oh, and being crazy is a "normal" sign of using technology. Firefox locks up, Flash does not work well on my 64bit vista, and the ibm360's I programmed ages ago would halt (abort, restart, retry or whatever the then message was) quite regularly after running my 6 hour job ALMOST to completion! Maybe that's why I like hiking in the wilderness (occasionally accompanied by my Kindle).
    Yes, you have exactly the same problem as I do. But you already said you have this problem when I first started this thread, so I'm not sure if it's minority who have this problem, or I want to know if this is NORMAL and everyone has this problem. Please note that I wiped my tablet a LOT of times just to fix this, but the problem still persists, even when I did not sideload any android app.

    Thanks..
  16. warrenmr's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    69 Posts
    #41  

    Default

    This problem occurs for me, even after two complete re-installs of the OS (not just a wipe). I do use a couple of side-loaded apps, primarily Words with Friends. This problem is very frustrating. I have to reboot nearly every day in order to re-start Android apps.
    sw6lee likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Android apps opens but while loading...crashes, but after reboot, works perfectly fine..but not long

    I can confirm,

    That's all quite normal.

    Remember:
    - the android player is rebuilt by RIM for the PB and is not as stable as the normal OS
    - anything below 200mb RAM, your PB goes into an EMS mode and starts closing things
    - if you open more than one android app, your using a net new feature (expect bugs)
    - android likes to crash for a lot of reasons. Certain apps (including appworld apps) make it happen more
    - android issues happen to all users. Overload or Reboot are your only options

    A secure wipe won't help. The issue is bugs with android player on RIM hardware and still exist in BB10. Which, fyi, will not be out until summer (or so) for PB.

    Ed

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. My Android apps runs perfectly...but?
    By JVRudnick in forum PlayBook Android App Sideloading
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:27 AM
  2. AppWorld and Android Apps. Quantity but little Quality.
    By Rgainsmi in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
  3. OS 2.0 but no android apps available
    By MrClem89 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
  4. Correct ot state that Android app can run on PB but..
    By Mom2Fab5 in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
  5. 8310 crashing minutes after reboot
    By savocado in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions