I know there have been some complaints about how Android apps run on the PlayBook, and at first look it seems like those complaints are warranted. I want to point out that I don't think the Android App Player is ready for prime time yet, but I stand by my opinion from months ago that the PlayBook is a beta platform for RIM to perfect BB10 before it's release so it doesn't have the growing pains that iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 has had, therefore it is understandable that things may be released in working order but not in perfect order.

Back to the topic at hand, for those running Android apps (from App World or sideloaded) let me say that the first time you run those apps, they may (and probably will) crash or take FOREVER to load. However, for the most part, those apps will run rather smoothly on future loads if you restart your PlayBook. I was discouraged at first when i would open a new Android app and find it crashing a few times. I have figured out that a simple restart and your apps will run very fast and smoothly, so don't be too discouraged when you first attempt to run an Android app.

For the record, not all apps have these problems. Kindle did, but Hanging with Friends and Words with Friends were just very very very slow on their first run and are now perfect. A few other apps required a restart, but I can't remember which ones.
    mago72 and squished18 like this.
    02-28-12 09:06 AM
    Yes, agreed.

I was write about this. I restart pb twice for fix 2 android apps to run in order. Last night I made this for Wattpad (great, a lot of free books in several languages) and fix the crash starting app.
    02-28-12 09:22 AM
    For the record, not all apps have these problems. Kindle did, but Hanging with Friends and Words with Friends were just very very very slow on their first run and are now perfect. A few other apps required a restart, but I can't remember which ones.
    Interesting... just wondering what version of Kindle did you load onto your PB? Was trying to get the latest version to load, but it was hang on the blue intro screen. Never thought to reboot and see if it would work, but loadin 3.2 worked fine...
    02-28-12 12:12 PM
    Weird. I was able to sidelaod android apps with no problems.
    now when I try it fails. Worked fine yesterday. Yes a in development mode with correct password.
    Any thoughts?
    02-28-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD