Friends,
    I sideloaded android apps (.bar) file through DDPB Installer and had ran few android app successfully.
    I by mistake installed Android emulator as mentioned in this blog. Installing Android on your PlayBook | File Archive Haven

But, after installing that my android apps are not launching at all. I tried deleting the newly created android player and other apps and re-installing them; but for no avail.

What do I do now to get android apps up and running on my PB. Please help.

BB PB OS2
    03-01-12 03:50 PM
    Sound like you've corrupted the native android player. Backup on your PC and follow the debrick procedure mentioned in a previous thread. This will reset you playbook to scratch. Then restore and it should have sorted everything.
    03-01-12 04:50 PM
    In case you haven't tried a restart or a reset, try that first!
    03-01-12 06:09 PM
    Restart has not helped. Do you mean the security wipe when you say reset?
    03-02-12 12:13 AM
    Friends,
    I sideloaded android apps (.bar) file through DDPB Installer and had ran few android app successfully.
    I by mistake installed Android emulator as mentioned in this blog. Installing Android on your PlayBook | File Archive Haven

But, after installing that my android apps are not launching at all. I tried deleting the newly created android player and other apps and re-installing them; but for no avail.

What do I do now to get android apps up and running on my PB. Please help.
    I had this issue and resolved it by...
    --make sure you loaed the right Java for your PC
    --THere is a newer DDPB on GoodEreader.com that is version 1.08 (instead of 1.06 that is on a lot of posts here). Use that one.. It worked for me.

If you do a Security Wipe, you will likely have a problem loading the Restore files from Desk Manager. Several and me have reported that DM does not recognize that the PB is on os 2.0, but thinks it is still on 1.0. So you will have to load 2.0 again. It's a pain and I don't knwo a way around it until it is fixed.
    03-02-12 01:49 AM
    I had the same problem. I did a system restore from a backup I did before updating to OS 2 and that fixed the problem.
    03-02-12 03:45 AM
    I had this issue and resolved it by...
    --THere is a newer DDPB on GoodEreader.com that is version 1.08 (instead of 1.06 that is on a lot of posts here). Use that one.. It worked for me.
    I downloaded DDPB 1.0.8 and installed it. Same issue.
    03-02-12 07:54 AM
    I am not sure if you have anything to lose at this point (since you may have to do a security wipe) but you might try using the new DDPB to REinstall that bad app - Android emulator. Then use it to DDPB to UNinstall it. Maybe that would clean it out?

If not, then a Security Wipe (or Debrick)

Good luck
    03-02-12 10:14 AM
    F2, I did try installing and uninstalling the rogue app using the new DDPB. Even that didnt work.

Finally had to do a security wipe and now things are fine. Android apps running fine.

But, the demo video is also gone after the wipe.. How to get that back?? I really liked it.... Pls help.
    03-04-12 12:22 AM
    There's a link on here somewhere to the Demo Video for a download.

The other way, unfortunately is to do the DEBRICK but I hate that method of restoring (I had a terrible time getting it to work).
    03-04-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD