So after updating to the latest os on the playbook I haven't been able toopen any android apps or even open the honeycomb launcher. Any ideas? Is there a way I can totally wipe the playbook and reload the os?
    11-13-12 03:43 PM
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    11-13-12 03:58 PM
    Try losing the Launcher first. It's not needed under OS 2.1 and in fact it gets in the way.
    11-13-12 04:13 PM
    ok i tried doing both things here and it still wont work. actually trying what f2 said to do didnt even work just saqid no updates were found. please any oter ideas?
    11-14-12 07:41 PM
    Then do a security wipe. Settings/Security. Remember to manually back everything up first, since you'll lose everything. Just out of curiosity, what OS were you running before the update?
    11-14-12 08:06 PM
    to be honest im not sure if i had the last beta version or the last official release installed. i pretty bummed its acting all kinds of slow on top of the android apps not working. i had the play book rooted so if i do the security wipe will that get rid of the rooting?
    11-15-12 03:31 PM
    to be honest im not sure if i had the last beta version or the last official release installed. i pretty bummed its acting all kinds of slow on top of the android apps not working. i had the play book rooted so if i do the security wipe will that get rid of the rooting?
    Something doesn't make sense with your answer- well, maybe it does. The reason that I asked what OS you were running is because your problem seemed similar to the problems others had who were running OS 1 and had loaded the beta version of the android player extracted from beta OS 2.0. When they ultimately updated to OS 2.0, they found that all android apps stopped working. The only solution, I believe, was to wipe and reinstall the OS. Did you ever have the beta android player installed on your PB? As to what wiping will do to root, maybe you should ask in the rooting sub-forum. You may have already lost it anyway by updating.
    11-15-12 04:01 PM
    Something doesn't make sense with your answer- well, maybe it does. The reason that I asked what OS you were running is because your problem seemed similar to the problems others had who were running OS 1 and had loaded the beta version of the android player extracted from beta OS 2.0. When they ultimately updated to OS 2.0, they found that all android apps stopped working. The only solution, I believe, was to wipe and reinstall the OS. Did you ever have the beta android player installed on your PB? As to what wiping will do to root, maybe you should ask in the rooting sub-forum. You may have already lost it anyway by updating.
    its possible i had installed the beta android player back when i rooted the playbook. that was last christmas and i dont think i would have even known if it was a beta android player. perhaps that is the issue. how do i check that?
    11-15-12 04:22 PM
    What version did you upgrade from and what version is now on your playbook?
    11-15-12 05:35 PM
    I don't think the problem should arise now unless you had installed the beta android player while running OS 1 and had just now updated your PB from OS 1 to OS 2.1. If you had updated to 2.0 previously, you would have lost all of your android apps then. You should know if you just updated from OS 1 because, I think, the dock has completely changed. In OS 1 I don't think that you could place icons on the dock- instead the dock had buttons for "Games", "Media", "Favorites", "All", etc. Plus, there was no messages app in OS 1.
    11-15-12 05:39 PM
    ok i tried doing both things here and it still wont work. actually trying what f2 said to do didnt even work just saqid no updates were found. please any oter ideas?
    No updates found? That's new... Try the process again, and this time, make sure the PlayBook is turned off. If you still can't get it to work, go to OSBB and download one of the debrick images and load it up using dingleberry. After that, a wipe should do the rest.

And people wonder why I didn't play with rooting...
    11-15-12 09:57 PM
    No updates found? That's new... Try the process again, and this time, make sure the PlayBook is turned off. If you still can't get it to work, go to OSBB and download one of the debrick images and load it up using dingleberry. After that, a wipe should do the rest.

And people wonder why I didn't play with rooting...
    Lol! Me either. Sounded like fun but I was afraid I'd wind up with an expensive paperweight.
    11-16-12 11:21 AM