andriod apps don't work at all
So after updating to the latest os on the playbook I haven't been able toopen any android apps or even open the honeycomb launcher. Any ideas? Is there a way I can totally wipe the playbook and reload the os?
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM #2
- 19,537 Posts
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
to be honest im not sure if i had the last beta version or the last official release installed. i pretty bummed its acting all kinds of slow on top of the android apps not working. i had the play book rooted so if i do the security wipe will that get rid of the rooting?
- 11-15-2012, 04:01 PM #7
- 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM #10
I don't think the problem should arise now unless you had installed the beta android player while running OS 1 and had just now updated your PB from OS 1 to OS 2.1. If you had updated to 2.0 previously, you would have lost all of your android apps then. You should know if you just updated from OS 1 because, I think, the dock has completely changed. In OS 1 I don't think that you could place icons on the dock- instead the dock had buttons for "Games", "Media", "Favorites", "All", etc. Plus, there was no messages app in OS 1.
- 11-15-2012, 09:57 PM #11
And people wonder why I didn't play with rooting...
- By JackSter025 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2012, 08:47 AM
- By generation_x_dad in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 04-18-2012, 11:10 PM
- By generation_x_dad in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 7Last Post: 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
- By lcomp1989 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
- By TaZ52083 in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-17-2009, 10:24 PM