Just tried a Prime Video yesterday after having given up a while back. PB still isn't listed as supported device. That, plus read.amazon.com working via Origami, albeit using a different browser identifier that is supported, and we are back in business as a consumer tablet. Stock PB browser is a no go with Amazon's browser check.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-18-15 04:13 PM
    I feel so sorry when I see this kind of threads.

I really do.

Honest.

(Before any of you pricks jump in, I still have and use my PlayBook - for the few things it is still good for)
    02-18-15 04:18 PM
    Not being a "*****" but what makes you sorry to see threads like this?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 09:34 AM
    Just change your Amazon Prime viewing preference to Flash, and you'll be able to use the stock PlayBook browser. I use it several times a week. It works well.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:39 AM
    Not being a "*****" but what makes you sorry to see threads like this?
    The PB owner reality. They get happy when services others have and take for granted suddely work on their devices (and usually not for too long), or that they manage to sideload some old android app to give them a little bit of extended functionality.
    02-20-15 08:53 AM
    I am glad that the PB's flash still works for the most part. It is becoming one of the few mobile devices (outside of Windows 8.1 tab and Android tab < 4.0) still flash capable. Even BB 10.3 stopped using it so I won't be upgrading my Z30 anytime soon.
    02-20-15 11:40 AM
    I've had android tablets, an hp touchpad, I've used windows tablets and an iPad. Personally, I enjoy using my Playbook more than all of them. It feels, and is, pretty sturdy.

Now that being said, I know it has its limitations and accept them as well as try to find work around. So to get back on track... If I find out that I can do more then I previously did then yes I am going to be happy. Just as I am when a new feature is added with a leak on my Z10.

Should an IPhone or iPad user not be happy when they finally get a feature that Blackberry or android phones/tablets has had? I think they deserve to be happy about it. That is what I hold the same for us Playbook lovers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:46 PM
    The PB owner reality. They get happy when services others have and take for granted suddely work on their devices (and usually not for too long), or that they manage to sideload some old android app to give them a little bit of extended functionality.
    There are some of us that still come here because it is a good place to find information and try to keep our stuff going. I am running a biz on playbook still using a Torch because of the connectivity I have yet to see in another OS or device for my purposes, and believe me I've looked. I continue to see comments from long time users and even moderators chiding us for still trying to use our playbooks. We went through all the crap too. This is a Playbook forum is it not? We appreciate when those who have experience come on to help us and still enjoy aspects of the playbook, but their are plenty of playbook is dead threads that serve as a good place for these comments.
    a_bateman likes this.
    02-21-15 08:05 AM
    There are some of us that still come here because it is a good place to find information and try to keep our stuff going. I am running a biz on playbook still using a Torch because of the connectivity I have yet to see in another OS or device for my purposes, and believe me I've looked. I continue to see comments from long time users and even moderators chiding us for still trying to use our playbooks. We went through all the crap too. This is a Playbook forum is it not? We appreciate when those who have experience come on to help us and still enjoy aspects of the playbook, but their are plenty of playbook is dead threads that serve as a good place for these comments.
    What part of "I still use my PlayBook" did you miss?

Relatity is reality, we like it or not. Half the top apps (productivity ones) have dropped support. They simply do not work. A great deal of services browser-id locked the PlayBook out. Nobody is developing for the Tablet OS 2.0 platform.

I never said it was dead. I didn't have to. I just stated how I feel about when I see a thread like this.

On a side note: A Torch? I'd consider a Z30. You won't get the Bridge Calendar/Contacts/Notes if you do, only BBM and SMS, but if you use Google/Outlook.com/Yahoo as your main PIM data provider and sync all your stuff to both devices, you won't really need it (changes will sync to both anyway. Open on playBook, access to files, internet sharing bia Bridge (bluetooth)... All remains.

Just a hint.
    02-21-15 08:31 AM
    I think the issue isn't that you said it was dead or stated your opinion on the subject. I really think the issue is that every time a thread pops up on here in regards to the Playbook still being usable, new prospects for use or someone just saying they love it there is always that person who decides to jump in and remind everyone of the position we are in.

We already know that other tablets have more apps or that they work better in one way or another. We don't need constant reminders of such.

It's ok to have your opinion but sometimes it's best to let people go about whatever they choose to do without repeating it.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-21-15 10:34 AM