Does anyone know if you can download movies/shows you purchase on Amazon video to the Playbook directly and view? Amazon says only Kindle Fire is supported with this. I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround. Thanks.
    03-15-12 02:56 PM
    No you cant. Not a support device. Not even sure you can to a IPAD. On their site only supported device is a sony walkman. You can stream to the playbook though. I am hoping the ultraviolet format will be supported on it.
    03-15-12 04:39 PM
    You might want to check the Amazon web site again. Videos are working!
    03-15-12 05:44 PM
    You might want to check the Amazon web site again. Videos are working!
    I believe the OP was referring to the ability to download a video for offline viewing. While the Amazon Instant Library appears to be working on the PlayBook again, I don't know of a way to save videos to the device like the Kindle Fire.
    03-15-12 06:04 PM
    Videos downloaded from Amazon are apparently DRM protected so while they worked fine on my computer, after transferring them to PlayBook I was not able to play them.
    03-15-12 06:10 PM
    I just watch a new movie on amazon last night. Also clicked on some free content and everything work. Without starting another thread, is amazons content back up?
    03-22-12 12:32 PM
    I just watch a new movie on amazon last night. Also clicked on some free content and everything work. Without starting another thread, is amazons content back up?
    Yes -- Amazon's working fine on the PB now. Unless of course you are bridged, but that's always been the case (Amazon sees you coming from Canadian servers when you are bridged).
    christenmartin likes this.
    03-22-12 01:48 PM
    JasW: I'm trying to run my 64GB PB and view Amazon's video library and can get very few to start up. What is your configuration that makes it work? Browser? (User agent settings if SimpleBrowser+?) Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Happy Easter Season.
    04-07-12 10:24 AM
    Same here, are you using and app, special browser?

Found this:
    http://www.pocketables.net/2011/04/b...ig-screen.html

Would appear it's browser based if you have an Amazon Prime account.
    Last edited by Hobbes2099; 04-07-12 at 11:20 AM.
    04-07-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD